Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Just a random musing and I couldn’t think of a better place to stick it

I haven’t had time to watch tape this year other than the top few QBs but I have been reading some mocks and listening to some draft podcasts and it feels to me like there is absolutely zero consensus outside of the top 12-15 players in the draft. Like there’s a handful of guys that you can count on being picked in the top half of the first round (5 QBs, 3 WRs, Pitts, Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, AVT, Surtain, Parsons) but then after that it seems like one guy who is 19th on one media member’s big board will be in the third round in some mocks etc. Just feels like the second tier of prospects is absolutely massive this year. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

No, but would be hilarious. I can see them taking Jones so a plan like that makes me giggle

Lmao I'm horrified thinking of the next decade if we draft Mac. I might have to do what your doing to get through this next month.

NFL Draft Prospects 2021 | How the board shakes out

My 2021 NFL Draft board presently breaks down as follows:

• 30 players with solid first-round grades
  • 38 players with late first/early second-round grades
  • 115 players graded as day one or day two selections
  • 258 players with draftable grades

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-prospects-2021-updated-big-board-player-rankings/

I'll copy this from the Raider Forum that I posted it in:

Here is my Top 25 Big Board (usually do 75, but not enough time on my hands this year):

https://thedraftnetwork.com/bigboard/DZ6UUy2KS3

It's a pretty lackluster class IMO, although I'm a big fan of the Top 11 Prospects (4 of which are Quarterbacks...). 

I actually really like Eichenberg more than most on this forum. I actually think he's the second best Tackle in the draft behind Sewell (way behind Sewell). I see Vera-Tucker as an All-Pro Guard, but not a Tackle. I'm not nearly as big on Slater as some of the media and fans are. I wouldn't even be shocked if Slater plays Guard in the NFL. As for Darrisaw, I'm not as high on him as others are as well, but at 17 he's extremely fair value (I have him ranked right at 17). 

Also not a fan of Jaelan Philips at all even though some here like him. 

Some Non-Raider Related Notes:

- I really like all 4 Top QB's in this draft. Which is rare, as I usually dislike one or two. I think all of them are Top 10 Prospects. No idea what's with the Mac Jones hype though, he is a third round talent to me on film all day long...

- My most controversial take is probably that I don't have Waddle in my Top 25, although he'd be my #26 Prospect. Another really good WR class IMO. I don't know how there keeps being such great WR classes. Personally I have 1. Chase 2. Smith 3. Toney 4. Brown (being slept on) 5. Bateman 6. Waddle and have a 1st Round Grade on all six of those guys. 

On 4/3/2021 at 2:20 PM, BayRaider said:

Here is my Top 25 Big Board (usually do 75, but not enough time on my hands this year):

Nothing too crazy inside the top 10.  Eichenberg at 13 and Browning at 14 are both head scratchers for me.  Eichenberg is a plug 'n play RT, but there's limited upside there.  Don't think he has the athleticism to play LT, and Browning is a solid Day 2 prospect.  He's going to need a strong DL in front of him, and if you're going to grade a non-rush LB that high, they need to be supercede the defensive scheme.

25 minutes ago, massraider said:

It's really fun watching JOK play.

But having real weight concerns and reading 'oh man, he's a defensive chess piece' on draft Twitter makes me want no part of him at #17.  

Those athletes without a true position, history is not kind.  

Carnell Lake and Darren Woodson.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Miami moved out of 3 because the value was too good to pass up, but then moved back up to 6 to get their guy (we assume). Everyone is predicting their guy is one of the pass catchers, but what if it is Parsons? I could see him being the pick at 6.

Do you give up an additional first round pick (yes I know they gained it in the trade back but it is still an asset gained) to trade up to take an Off Ball Linebacker in the top 10?

19 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Miami moved out of 3 because the value was too good to pass up, but then moved back up to 6 to get their guy (we assume). Everyone is predicting their guy is one of the pass catchers, but what if it is Parsons? I could see him being the pick at 6.

I think you continue to give Tua whatever tools he needs to succeed, and at 6 that's either Chase or Pitts imo.