Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I’m really far behind on my usual draft prep, but now that I’m working from home until further notice, I’m wondering if you guys can recommend good draft podcasts to bring myself up to scratch? 

I like Move the Sticks with Daniel Jeremiah (mainly for him) and Bucky Brooks. Journey to the Draft with Fran Duffy I enjoy as well, it's understandably a little Eagles centric since he works for them. Rotoworld Football Podcast has some good episodes, but they aren't always draft heavy.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I think the only way Herbert goes top 10 is if LAC takes him personally.

.Buzz- I saw Jacksonville may be considering a jump for a QB. My cousin works in the industry and operates out of Miami. She went to Bama so is hoping that he ends up there, but on Thursday she has heard there’s some smoke that LAC/JAX are going to fight to jump up for him. Then I saw Matt Miller write something similar on Saturday and it got me wondering. 

You think this is something they would do? I mean if you think about it, Caldwell jumping up for Tua could give him a longer leash, and he has the capital to do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

.Buzz- I saw Jacksonville may be considering a jump for a QB. My cousin works in the industry and operates out of Miami. She went to Bama so is hoping that he ends up there, but on Thursday she has heard there’s some smoke that LAC/JAX are going to fight to jump up for him. Then I saw Matt Miller write something similar on Saturday and it got me wondering. 

You think this is something they would do? I mean if you think about it, Caldwell jumping up for Tua could give him a longer leash, and he has the capital to do it.

I personally would be shocked. This regime is in win now mode and they love Minshew. With all the holes, I'd expect they'd try and improve the roster around him rather than use our top asset to get someone to battle it out with him. 

Think that is actually reliable where you heard it?

As far as Matt Miller, from what it sounded like it was more so doing what a lot of national guys are doing which is thinking because Foles was traded we have our eyes on a rookie. I don't think that to be the case, but you can never be certain I guess.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I personally would be shocked. This regime is in win now mode and they love Minshew. With all the holes, I'd expect they'd try and improve the roster around him rather than use our top asset to get someone to battle it out with him. 

Think that is actually reliable where you heard it?

As far as Matt Miller, from what it sounded like it was more so doing what a lot of national guys are doing which is thinking because Foles was traded we have our eyes on a rookie. I don't think that to be the case, but you can never be certain I guess.

She’s reliable. I trust her specifically with Bama players- her first internship was in their athletic department. 

She has a lot of clients (she’s PR) and represents a lot of noteworthy players. Engaged to a former NFL player with an advisory business. What she hear is usually from agents. She also mentioned Hurts as someone in connection with JAX. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

She’s reliable. I trust her specifically with Bama players- her first internship was in their athletic department. 

She has a lot of clients (she’s PR) and represents a lot of noteworthy players. Engaged to a former NFL player with an advisory business. What she hear is usually from agents. She also mentioned Hurts as someone in connection with JAX. 

Appreciate the nugget then.

As I said, there's some issues at LT/RG and we have Chark and a bunch of JAGS at WR so I don't know that it's an ideal supporting cast for a rookie to come into. Minshew did surprisingly well even with that last season, hence why I would think they'd use those picks to shore some things up rather than go for a QB when there's a chance Minshew could be it.

I haven't heard any rumblings of it by locals/people in the know, but I guess it's not impossible. The fact that there's a decent chance Caldwell/Marrone are out if they don't get to 8-8+ makes me think it'd be far fetched though.

2 minutes ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Wasn't there a rumor a month or so ago that one team had Herbert as the top QB this year AND last? Speculation was the Chargers

Ultimately it's just speculation, but yes there was a report about a team having him there.

Kind of hard to know for sure if it was LAC.

By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

Every year in the NFL draft, there are some late-rising prospects who climb up draft boards and end up going higher than where they were projected for the majority of the draft process. One prospect who could be enjoying that climb this year is Florida cornerback C.J. Henderson. After a stellar performance at the NFL Scouting Combine, sources from five different teams say that Henderson could be a top-10 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, and multiple team sources feel he could end up being a better cover corner than Ohio State's Jeff Okudah, the consensus top cornerback for the 2020 NFL Draft and a projected top-five pick.
"[Henderson] is the best pure cover corner in the draft," said one director of college scouting. And that comment was echoed by others. Here's a what another director of college scouting said:

"Yes, he could be a top-10 pick and better cover corner than Okudah. [Henderson] is a better mover than Okudah, who is overrated. Okudah hasn't gone and made many plays the last two years when you study it hard. He's a better tackler than C.J., but I'd take Henderson. Okudah's character is so clean that people feel so comfortable with him. C.J. isn't bad; he's just extremely quiet."

The 6-foot-1, 204-pound Henderson ran an amazing 40 at the combine of 4.39 seconds and looked superb in the field drills, showing smooth athleticism for the next level. Henderson has had to overcome some concerns from his junior year tape, where he showed poor tackling, a lack of physicality, and some soft coverage after suffering a knee injury early in the year. Here's what one national scout said about Henderson and his 2019 performance:

"C.J. is one of the most gifted athletic cover guys I have seen in a long time. Thought he was slam dunk top-five pick heading into the year. He had a bad year for him, but all the athletic tools are there for top-level player. Competitiveness, finish and passion were questions you had after this year's tape. But I did not have those concerns in years prior. Most teams will bet on that they can get the player from 2017 and 2018 because all the hard to find physical tools, he possesses at a high level."

There are potential landing spots for Henderson to be top-10 pick, including the Cardinals and Jaguars. Arizona could use a long-term No. 1 cornerback to be the successor to Patrick Peterson, and Jacksonville needs a replacement for Jalen Ramsey. Henderson being a very quiet kid could be appealing after the Jaguars dealt with the loquacious Ramsey. If Henderson doesn't go as a top-10 selection, teams think he won't last much longer because he is rising across the league

24 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Could be real interest, or maybe the slyest smoke screen ever?

Oh no, definitely legit interest with regards to the position (can't speak to the actual players). Tackle will be high on our list. The team is confident Staley will be back, but a slightly under acknowledged storyline this off season is that Staley himself hasn't actually confirmed that he will be yet. Last year was a rough season for him given the injuries, the age getting up there and losing the super bowl.  That being said, we don't expect any of the top tackle talents to be there when we pick at 13, so I Think it's largely a non starter.