Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

27 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Kinda awkward when someone tries to jump into a conversation they were never involved in.  Do I think the Panthers' acquisition of Sam Darnold would prevent the Panthers from taking Trevor Lawrence if he were to fall to 8?  Absolutely not.  Zach Wilson?  Probably not.  But for the other QBs after that, I think it's exceedingly unlikely.  I'm willing to admit if I'm wrong, but I think with the current iteration (Lawrence to JAX, Wilson to NYJ) I don't see the Panthers taking a QB at 8.  I feel that confidently that if Carolina takes a QB at 8, I'll let @iknowcool have sig AND avy privileges for a FULL year (or until next year's draft).

Yeah i’m not really trying to “jump” into anything I made an observation on something I saw on a public message board lol I didn’t butt into some private conversation in a corner at some house party.

You seem to be way more invested in the situation than I am...I just found it funny that someone would argue pretty hard against something then literally the next day a report comes out saying like the exact opposite. If you wanna sig bet and all be my guest - I don’t really care whether or not the carolina panthers take a QB at 8 lol

18 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

It makes sense. I love 2 OT as top tier guys, and I like another 2-3, but you could essentially roll the dice for me, and I feel the same about 3-4 OG as all very close.

6 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Who the hell has Christian Darrisaw as the 7th OT?

Or Darrisaw is the #2,   and they have Slater as an IOL only?

Edited by samsel23
  • Like 1
Just now, samsel23 said:

Or Darrisaw in the #2,   and they have Slater as a G only?

Some of these scouts are crazy. I've heard more than a few times in the past week that Sewell is projected at G. Stupid.

Just now, minutemancl said:

Some of these scouts are crazy. I've heard more than a few times in the past week that Sewell is projected at G. Stupid.

Not saying I agree with it,  but some probably have moved Slater to IOL.   

I wouldn't believe anything that is being said about Sewell right now.    

29 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Who the hell has Christian Darrisaw as the 7th OT?

Probably someone who watched him look like cheeks against Duke. I like Darrisaw a lot, but he definitely has some consistency issues. 

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Probably someone who watched him look like cheeks against Duke. I like Darrisaw a lot, but he definitely has some consistency issues. 

Well that's a d-line that had future Raven Victor Dimukeje on it so not too shabby ;)

There are rumblings in Chicago that the Bears are talking to the Falcons about the 4th pick. With the QB desperation in Chicago it would not surprise me at all if they made a massive offer to the Falcons.

Just now, WindyCity said:

There are rumblings in Chicago that the Bears are talking to the Falcons about the 4th pick. With the QB desperation in Chicago it would not surprise me at all if they made a massive offer to the Falcons.

This is when your ownership needs to step in and not let a soon to be fired Pacy / Nagy go off the deep end and destroy future years. Ownership needs to be really involved in that sort of trade. 

• Like 2
Just now, Forge said:

This is when your ownership needs to step in and not let a soon to be fired Pacy / Nagy go off the deep end and destroy future years. Ownership needs to be really involved in that sort of trade. 

Agreed. The media guy who mentioned this said that a month ago that was the feeling he got, but that now George McCaskey may have green lit a move for a QB.

We will see. But most of us do not think Pace and Nagy are as in much danger as the general consensus.

44 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This sounds like Atlanta isn't getting any bites at 4

• Like 1

Plugged in Benjamin Allbright just gave his top 8 mock as:

1. Trevor Lawrence

2. Zach Wilson

3. Trey Lance

4. Kyle Pitts

5. Ja’Marr Chase

6. DeVonta Smith

7. Micah Parsons

8. Justin Fields (Carolina trade with the Patriots)

Few interesting points here:

- Niners going Trey Lance. Feels like the mocks are a 60/30/10 split with Jones as the favourite and most people thinking they’ll take Fields if the Jones interest is a smokescreen. Allbright has been saying all along that the NFL is lower on Fields than the media as well as Penei Sewell who he has outside the top 8.

- Parsons at 7 to the Lions is an interesting spot, I’ve been assuming they’ll either take Jaylen Waddle or trade back with a QB team.

- I am not going to be happy if the Patriots trade to 8 for Justin Fields. In fact I’ll go as far as to say that if Fields is on the board at 8 then George Paton should match the package NE is offering even though we are only moving up 1 spot rather than from 15 to 8. That’s how much I like Fields and I really don’t want to see him go to a key AFC rival.

- If the board did play out like this my gut reaction is that Denver should take Penei Sewell at 9, however I am concerned that if Sewell goes to a team like the Broncos with an established LT entering his prime, you’ll get a Ronnie Stanley/Orlando Brown situation where you have an unhappy young guy stuck at RT. Has Sewell said if he would be happy to play RT in the NFL?

22 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah i’m not really trying to “jump” into anything I made an observation on something I saw on a public message board lol I didn’t butt into some private conversation in a corner at some house party.

You seem to be way more invested in the situation than I am...I just found it funny that someone would argue pretty hard against something then literally the next day a report comes out saying like the exact opposite. If you wanna sig bet and all be my guest - I don’t really care whether or not the carolina panthers take a QB at 8 lol

Because at this point, we're in smokescreen season.  And Carolina has a vested interest in seeing multiple teams take a QB before them.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

They cannot do that while letting them keep their jobs this past season. If they felt that strongly then they should have fired them but no they let go of the NVP instead.