Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Don't do it, listen to your brain. He has no business going higher than 3rd round IMO

So in other words he's locked in at 25.

Like I said, I like the traits/what you hope he can become, but man that just doesn't intrigue me a ton that early.

@MSURacerDT55We can debate Lance/Fields until the cows come home. Both are terrific QB Prospects and should be stud QBs in the NFL. I think Lance has the much better overall skillset, and much less raw than people think he is. I do 100% agree Fields is more polished, but there is no denying Lance’s Ceiling is the highest of the class, even higher than Lawrence, his skillset is just video game stuff. His floor is also higher than people think. I’d say Lawrence has the highest floor of all by far, and the others are #2 Fields, #3 Wilson, and #4 Lance, but I think their floors are much closer than people think. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

anyone listened to the Adam Schefter podcast? He is basically saying it's a lock Fields falls to 6/7. No real favorite between Jones and Lance.

Think ATL is making a mistake passing if they do tbh. Not often in positions for a legit QB prospect. Let him sit for a year or two.

If he bypasses them, Denver should be all over him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Don't do it, listen to your brain. He has no business going higher than 3rd round IMO

You sound like someone who hates projects. Did you hate Josh Allen and Jordan Love? Did you hate JPP? While JPP was definitely a much better prospect, Oweh’s skillset guarantees him an Early 2nd Round selection. And I’m pretty confident he’ll go in the Top 25 picks, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that what so ever. 

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

anyone listened to the Adam Schefter podcast? He is basically saying it's a lock Fields falls to 6/7. No real favorite between Jones and Lance.

Since Cinci never trades down & Miami traded back upto 6 presumably for 1-2 specific players, i'm guessing the 7th pick (Detroit) is a good trade up spot)

Perhaps the Broncos, Pats, WFT, or Bears could all move up for Fields 

23 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Think ATL is making a mistake passing if they do tbh. Not often in positions for a legit QB prospect. Let him sit for a year or two.

If he bypasses them, Denver should be all over him.

I am on the trade back train for the Falcons as I'm not high on Lance or Fields. But with the Julio rumors it sounds like TF is on a mission to blow up this team. Now it is either strategy or he is a secret agent for the saints and I'd just destroying the team. But either way I think they go QB now. Trading Julio to draft Pitts is just sending a mixed message between win now and play for the future and that doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Sounds like there is some stuff going around, but nothing outright said by anyone. Cam Marino has brought something up as well. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sounds like there is some stuff going around, but nothing outright said by anyone. Cam Marino has brought something up as well. 

It makes sense. They moved up with the intent of drafting Jones. Then they were impressed with Lance and now torn. It's a wild strategy in my opinion to dive after trading for that pick into the film of Lance and Fields but that's apparently what they did.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

You sound like someone who hates projects. Did you hate Josh Allen and Jordan Love? Did you hate JPP? While JPP was definitely a much better prospect, Oweh’s skillset guarantees him an Early 2nd Round selection. And I’m pretty confident he’ll go in the Top 25 picks, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that what so ever. 

Nope, I sound like someone who wouldn't risk my job on a guy who is basically freak athlete with zero idea how to play football, also projects don't go in the first round of the NFL draft. Josh Allen dominated the SEC, and showed great technique, JPP had signature plays that validated his athleticism, JPP showed a speck of technique, he showed why he was supposed be drafted that high. By all means, tell me aside from Athleticism (He really doesn't have a "Skillset") what does he bring to the table, if he were to be drafted at #25 what does he bring to the table down one that makes a team better? He's horrific against the run, he is flat out an easy out for whoever OT he is lined up against (Except the OT from MSU 2019)

Can he start? No? Can he be a part of a pass rush package? I doubt it, he barely knows how to rush the passer, let alone know the technical ins and outs to go against veteran NFL OTs. The way I see it, he is no more than an over priced scout team player who has yet to develop and could easily get a GM Fired. 

Have you watched film on him, watch this and tell me if there is ANYTHING on film that would validate him going in the first 3 rounds. 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Just now, SBLIII said:

Yep, just what I said earlier. He's not backing down. 

I'm not watching hte presser, but the reaction I'm seeing on twitter is that they are basically saying the choice is Mac Jones without saying the pick is Mac Jones.