Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Just now, jrry32 said:

Phew. 

In all seriousness, I think it's very, very likely that the selection is Mac. At least, thats the impression that I'm getting from everyone who watched the presser and the change from the writers. Guys like Biderman, who has thought the pick was Lance right from the start, switched to Mac this weekend. Kawakami thought the pick should be Fields, he changed his pick and said everyone thinks it's Mac and that he did get new information over the weekend. 

So I'm like 96% that the selection is Mac Jones. 

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Watch his tape last year. He put up 0 sacks, but was pretty consistently right near the QB. He's an athletic freak. He's raw, but I think he's still more ready to go than Chaisson was. I like him a lot more than Chaisson. I like him a lot more than Gross-Matos as well, who went early 2nd last year. 

Yeah Oweh's tape reminds me a lot of DT Chris Jones. Jones sack production was very low, but he was ALWAYS destroying his linemen and getting close to the QB. I was pounding the table for him at Pick 14 and he went like Pick 37 or something. I don't think teams are going to make the same mistake with Oweh. I think Oweh's ceiling in this draft is 17 to the Raiders and floor is 25 to the Jaguars. And I have him going 18 to Miami in my final mock. 

Although some on here think he could be a Top 12 shocker type of pick. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

In all seriousness, I think it's very, very likely that the selection is Mac. At least, thats the impression that I'm getting from everyone who watched the presser and the change from the writers. Guys like Biderman, who has thought the pick was Lance right from the start, switched to Mac this weekend. Kawakami thought the pick should be Fields, he changed his pick and said everyone thinks it's Mac and that he did get new information over the weekend. 

Still gonna be Trey Lance. Just avoid all press conferences, all beat writers, all coaches, all social media, all everything. It's all coordinated smoke and all bull. 

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Still gonna be Trey Lance. Just avoid all press conferences, all beat writers, all coaches, all social media, all everything. It's all coordinated smoke and all bull. 

I understand the gamesmanship and all but at this point if this was all a smoke screen from the jump I’d say the entire FO is SF are a bunch of scum bags for dragging Mac around like that just to make a draft day spectacle out of him.  They’ve essentially been on the clock and are not looking to trade down.  There’s obviously no value in them telling everyone what there doing but you don’t have to go so far out of your way to screw a kid over.