Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

15 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I understand the gamesmanship and all but at this point if this was all a smoke screen from the jump I’d say the entire FO is SF are a bunch of scum bags for dragging Mac around like that just to make a draft day spectacle out of him.  They’ve essentially been on the clock and are not looking to trade down.  There’s obviously no value in them telling everyone what there doing but you don’t have to go so far out of your way to screw a kid over.  

Mac Jones will be the pick imo.

He's most similar to Cousins and Ryan. Shannys system doesn't need a super athletic QB, rather a guy who is smart, can read the defense and get the ball out of his hands quickly. I also think Shanny wants a guy who can start right away. He knows Jimmy G caps that offense upside, Jones is way more pro ready than Trey is. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I understand the gamesmanship and all but at this point if this was all a smoke screen from the jump I’d say the entire FO is SF are a bunch of scum bags for dragging Mac around like that just to make a draft day spectacle out of him.  They’ve essentially been on the clock and are not looking to trade down.  There’s obviously no value in them telling everyone what there doing but you don’t have to go so far out of your way to screw a kid over.  

Disagree. They clearly love Mac as a person and are actually massively raising his value. Without the 49ers smoke, I think Mac gets picked around 30-32. He was a projected 17-32 pick before the smoke. With the smoke, he goes 10-12. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

This pretty makes zero sense. 

Shanny has been beating this drum for a while about what kind of QB was "his type". When we first made the trade, he said you want the "biggest, strongest, fastest guy who's best from the pocket". He then was asked to name the QB playmakers and gave those 4, and said that you want your QB to be Drew Brees + Lamar Jackson, so it's been a running joke for niner fans that the selection would be Mac Jones give that is most certainly not him and never going to be him. 

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Disagree. They clearly love Mac as a person and are actually massively raising his value. Without the 49ers smoke, I think Mac gets picked around 30-32. He was a projected 17-32 pick before the smoke. With the smoke, he goes 10-12. 

I don't think the Niners interest in Mac Jones is actually boosting his stock.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Shanny has been beating this drum for a while about what kind of QB was "his type". When we first made the trade, he said you want the "biggest, strongest, fastest guy who's best from the pocket". He then was asked to name the QB playmakers and gave those 4, and said that you want your QB to be Drew Brees + Lamar Jackson, so it's been a running joke for niner fans that the selection would be Mac Jones give that is most certainly not him and never going to be him. 

Shanny strikes me as too smart of a guy to not see where the league is trending. To compete with the Mahomes’ of the world you need a QB of Fields/Lance’s skillset - someone who can do the spectacular off script. Mac ain’t that guy. Unless Shanny’s ego is so big he thinks that his coaching/playcalling makes up the difference. 

Seeing Fields at +600 makes me want to dabble.

• Like 1

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

It was +1k on Draft Kings a while back. +800 on MGM. We've been kicking the idea back and forth on whether or not to double down on it. +700 right now on MGM. So I'm thinking it through, mainly because I'd want to make a sizable wager lol 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Shanny strikes me as too smart of a guy to not see where the league is trending. To compete with the Mahomes’ of the world you need a QB of Fields/Lance’s skillset - someone who can do the spectacular off script. Mac ain’t that guy. Unless Shanny’s ego is so big he thinks that his coaching/playcalling makes up the difference. 

Sounds like Sean McVay.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Giving up 3 first round picks for Mac Jones might just be one of the worst trades in NFL History. 

Especially when the Niners are picking in the top 10 the next two seasons.

Shanny had them at pick #14 having to play Mullens and Beathard 10 games this year. I’m really not seeing them picking in the Top 10 especially both of the next two seasons

Even if Mac Jones is a Kirk Cousins type player they will be around a .500ish team a worst IMO plus Jimmy G could still start the season for them up until the trading deadline and he’s a proven winner for them (when healthy of course)