Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

35 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

It would mean there was something drastically wrong with him.

IMO the ONLY thing that could be seen as drastically wrong with him would be his revealed epilepsy diagnosis, albeit doctors seem to think that he will likely grow out of it and it has yet to impact him on the football field.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO the ONLY thing that could be seen as drastically wrong with him would be his revealed epilepsy diagnosis, albeit doctors seem to think that he will likely grow out of it and it has yet to impact him on the football field.

Right? Teams are out here threatening to start Andy Dalton for a whole NFL season with their jobs on the line. They're gonna casually watch that guy slide by? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Right? Teams are out here threatening to start Andy Dalton for a whole NFL season with their jobs on the line. They're gonna casually watch that guy slide by? 

I mean, if you're the Chicago Bears, Patriots, Broncos, Saints, Eagles, or WFT, you'd be foolish to pass on him based upon your current "other option" at that position.

Throw in teams like the Panthers who would at least have to consider it, or a team like Tampa looking for a replacement, and it would take a miracle for someone to slide that far or someone else not to at least trade up for him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

A month full of the spotlight heading into the NFL draft.  They are the literal stars of the show already.  They aren't going to care if the rubes in the fan base work themselves into a tizzy.  Almost no one is talking about the Jags or Jets, meanwhile, the 49ers are getting weeks worth of round the clock speculation and coverage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, if you're the Chicago Bears, Patriots, Broncos, Saints, Eagles, or WFT, you'd be foolish to pass on him based upon your current "other option" at that position.

Throw in teams like the Panthers who would at least have to consider it, or a team like Tampa looking for a replacement, and it would take a miracle for someone to slide that far or someone else not to at least trade up for him. 

If you're Ryan Pace, this would be a chance to save your job because If I were a Bears fan and you think Andy Dalton is the answer, I would be running him out of town so fast.

5 hours ago, paul-mac said:

With all this talk of teams being unhappy with the medical rechecks, I think injury guys are going to slide. Farley and Phillips should be out of your first round mocks now, and I’m not convinced Justin Fields is going in round 1. 

I would tear a a hamstring running to the podium to take Farley at 26 and would tear the other one hobbling to the podium to take Jaelan Phillips if he drops into the 2nd. 

As far as Justin Fields, don't fall for the hype, remember this is silly season 

5 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Is this due to the medical condition he is thought to have outgrown and has never led to him missing any playing time? 

He hadn't even missed a practice, you would have to find out his last seizure, what if it was when he was 16? People have played with far worse (i.e. Maurice Hurst Jr)

37 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm going to be hot if the steelers pick a center with injury history over Fields

Relax, its not happening.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This Fields fall is so freaking dumb.... If multiple QBs make it to 7 or 8 a team or two is going to trade up for them.

Hell if Fields falls to 12 the Eagles would probably take him. I just flat out don't see this at all. 

There is no rise or fall, there is media hype trying to drum up clicks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Not a rumour, but a great article detailing Mac Jones as a prospect. 

@Forge You’re going to want to read this. It doesn’t exactly inspire confidence with the pick.

This write up leads me back to the same comparison I made back in January after the NC Game.  Andy Dalton.