Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

5 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Not a rumour, but a great article detailing Mac Jones as a prospect. 

@Forge You’re going to want to read this. It doesn’t exactly inspire confidence with the pick.

Thankfully, I was already aware and prepped lol. A lot of these are points I've tried to convey to people in the 49er forum when arguing on who the QB should be. Stats are pretty until you start digging in. When you isolate Mac on his own, there's not a ton to love, tbh. 

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Has Shanahan’s and Lynch’s comments really been that overtly about Jones? I feel like I’m missing something.

In a vacuum, I'd argue that they are more about Fields. The problem is the other reports about Fields really make it seem like he's not an option. Not just for the 49ers, just seems like the NFL is down on him to some extent. I mean, the way he laid into his feelings about Jimmy...like jesus. If that guy is still on the roster when the draft is over, I'd be floored. Can't imagine they would start Lance from jump (i'm not opposed, just don't think it'll happen) so Mac is the most realistic option, it seems like. 

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

In a vacuum, I'd argue that they are more about Fields. The problem is the other reports about Fields really make it seem like he's not an option. Not just for the 49ers, just seems like the NFL is down on him to some extent. I mean, the way he laid into his feelings about Jimmy...like jesus. If that guy is still on the roster when the draft is over, I'd be floored. Can't imagine they would start Lance from jump (i'm not opposed, just don't think it'll happen) so Mac is the most realistic option, it seems like. 

What did he say about Jimmy this time? A month ago he was showering him with praise and made it seem like he’s their QB in 2021. Is this about the “I don’t know if everyone will be alive by Sunday” comment? Because I interpreted that as “everyone is for sale if the price is right”.

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

What did he say about Jimmy this time? A month ago he was showering him with praise and made it seem like he’s their QB in 2021. Is this about the “I don’t know if everyone will be alive by Sunday” comment? Because I interpreted that as “everyone is for sale if the price is right”.

Pretty sure he said something about who they're targeting as the starter in this presser. Which is why some got the Mac over Lance vibes since most think the latter may need some time.

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

It was a very defensive and aggressive presser lol. Kind of hilarious. 

The amount of emphasis he continued to use on starting quarterback was very telling (remember, before it was "Jimmy is our guy for 2021), etc. You could just very much tell that he was fed up / done with Jimmy lol. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

possible that ATL has interest in Pitts and could also get a really good trade offer to move down from 4 for a team to move up for a QB....say DEN at 9.  ATL could still get Pitts if they wanted to then move back up.  

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

possible that ATL has interest in Pitts and could also get a really good trade offer to move down from 4 for a team to move up for a QB....say DEN at 9.  ATL could still get Pitts if they wanted to then move back up.  

I think there is a chance Pitts is still there at 9 if they do trade back.  Throw a little extra time on his times because of Pro Day vs Combine and it's not much different than other guys we've seen in recent years.

Edited by THE DUKE

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

I think there is a chance Pitts is still there at 9 if they do trade back.  Throw a little extra time on his times because of Pro Day vs Combine and it's not much different than other guys we've seen in recent years.

Pitts is a different animal imo.

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Want a fun exercise? Go checks Pitts' times against Mike Gesicki's lol 

that being said, on the field, he's a freak. And here's the added bonus - he's a tight end. Think down the line how much cheaper he's going to be than a guy like Chase / Waddle / Smith for being just as good of a receiver just because of the pay discrepancy between tight end and receiver. 

If I were an NFL GM, that would 100% be something that is in my head.