Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Want a fun exercise? Go checks Pitts' times against Mike Gesicki's lol 

that being said, on the field, he's a freak. And here's the added bonus - he's a tight end. Think down the line how much cheaper he's going to be than a guy like Chase / Waddle / Smith for being just as good of a receiver just because of the pay discrepancy between tight end and receiver. 

If I were an NFL GM, that would 100% be something that is in my head. 

How much inline blocking you expecting from Pitts?  He's going to argue being lined up in the slot and outside and win any grievance about TE vs WR franchise tag.  I think chance of any position discount is close to zero.  I don't think Pitts is the unicorn people think he is either.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

How much inline blocking you expecting from Pitts?  He's going to argue being lined up in the slot and outside and win any grievance about TE vs WR franchise tag.  I think chance of any position discount is close to zero.  I don't think Pitts is the unicorn people think he is either.

I don't think he's going to win that. Graham didn't win and the situation is no different. 

Just now, paul-mac said:

The Garoppolo trade talk make me think it's Jones. If it was Lance then I think they'd sit him for a year.

Was my biggest indicator as well. The thing is, if you listen to the presser, he's talking about Fields way more than Mac, and I think Fields would be a guy just as likely to come in and start right away. The whole thing is just bizarre to me. 

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The game tape says different.

The measurables are great and all, but he was seen this way long before all of that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think he's going to win that. Graham didn't win and the situation is no different. 

Ultimately, Burbank ruled that Graham was officially lining up at the position of tight end either when he was against the line or when he was flexed out into the slot "at least if such alignment brought him within four yards of (the nearest offensive) lineman."

Burbank said he only considered those plays because evidence showed that Graham was lined up within four yards of the line on more than 50 percent of his snaps. Burbank determined that it wasn't essential for purposes of this grievance to consider snaps where Graham lined up even farther out.

NFL arbitrator rules that Jimmy Graham of New Orleans Saints is a tight end (espn.com)

Established that he'd need to be within 4 yards of the tackle for at least 50% of the snaps.  The standard is set, so we'll see how he is used.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

NFL arbitrator rules that Jimmy Graham of New Orleans Saints is a tight end (espn.com)

Established that he'd need to be within 4 yards of the tackle for at least 50% of the snaps.  The standard is set, so we'll see how he is used.

That's good info, thanks for that. I wasn't aware. 

But now we are banking on the cheapness of an NFL owner, so we will see how that plays out. NFL teams will obviously be aware of that figure as well. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Also, Urban said in his interview on the Schefty podcast their top 3 QBs were Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson fwiw.

Didn't commit to TL, right? Maybe that's why the Fields talk is dead. He's going #1. 

TL to the Jets. 

Wilson to the niners 

boom. solved. 

Just now, Forge said:

Didn't commit to TL, right? Maybe that's why the Fields talk is dead. He's going #1. 

TL to the Jets. 

Wilson to the niners 

That's it...

Honestly made me feel very happy to hear though. This Fields talk has to be BS unless again, there's something behind the scenes that we don't know. But then again if there was why would he be in legit consideration if there was?

1 hour ago, Forge said:

If memory serves, it was partly because Graham had "Saints TE" in his bio on all of his socials

So if Pitt identifies as a WR, then maybe he will have a better shot lol

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Pitts is a unicorn. You're talking about a guy who is 6'6" 245 and moves like a WR with the hands of prime Larry Fitzgerald. You're basically getting a bigger, stronger Mike Evans.

• Like 1