Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Looks like 4.28 for Rodgers. Pretty wild athleticism but a small school CB who has mild raw stats and weighs only 174lbs at near 6'0 is pretty scary. Cant give him a draft grade based only on that but I think these small school guys that are not on any radar until wild pro days rarely pan out. 

16 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Peter King saying there’s momentum behind a joint ESPN/NFLN telecast. 

If this is the case, we need to petition for a Kiper vs McShay live drinking game to take place.  Other people can pick of the slack for them.  Make them bet (in say Truth or Drink style) which of them has the most confidence in getting a pick right, just before it's announced by Goodell (no insider sources allowed).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

He’s a very well rounded WR though. Best hands in the class, dropped 1 ball in 162 targets, and ran the most diverse tree in college football according to PFF. Comparing him to Ross is horrible. 

I've actually been working off a "faster Doug Baldwin" comp for Ruggs.

7 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Albert Breer also mentioned that with so much uncertainty in this draft RE: COVID-19 teams are opting for "safer" picks and scouts believe that means "draft big guys" (OL). I've also heard that we could see the most tackles go in round 1 ever. I would think Wilson is a fit for the Seahawks at the end of round 1 given his playing style and their need/infatuation with size-athleticism

I feel like there are a lot of fans (not you, but just something I'm seeing in widespread form across varying fanbases on Twitter, YouTube comments, etc. - so basically, the layman demo) are setting themselves up for disappointment when they're willingly just shining a lot of this on as "oh, I wouldn't believe anything you hear from guys like DJ or Breer or whoever on what they're hearing from GM's" or "LOL Liar's Month" as the TLDR version.  We're in uncharted territory for most GM's and front offices.  Most teams are going to be lucky if they have one or a couple scouts or advisers in their personnel departments who have experience dealing with a draft period where information wasn't as readily available as many of them have been accustom to.  It's basically like taking a group of executives out on a retreat in the middle of the woods, taking away all their tech devices, and saying, "OK, survive, find your way back to civilization."

51 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I feel like there are a lot of fans (not you, but just something I'm seeing in widespread form across varying fanbases on Twitter, YouTube comments, etc. - so basically, the layman demo) are setting themselves up for disappointment when they're willingly just shining a lot of this on as "oh, I wouldn't believe anything you hear from guys like DJ or Breer or whoever on what they're hearing from GM's" or "LOL Liar's Month" as the TLDR version.  We're in uncharted territory for most GM's and front offices.  Most teams are going to be lucky if they have one or a couple scouts or advisers in their personnel departments who have experience dealing with a draft period where information wasn't as readily available as many of them have been accustom to.  It's basically like taking a group of executives out on a retreat in the middle of the woods, taking away all their tech devices, and saying, "OK, survive, find your way back to civilization."

I feel like that's kind of every year, but for me I'm just trying to dot connect as much as possible. The sports marketing  firm my cousin is with has close ties to a number of agents and quite a few prospects in this class are their clients. Two of the top 6 "consensus" are in her network, and from what she has heard from agents is that they feel really good about their prospects going in round 1. I guess the logic behind it - valid or not - is that lack of pro days and additional workouts doesn't allow HCs/GMs/scouts to "sensationalize" prospects the way they usually do. For OL it's pretty much you're solid or you're not, unless you have a significant injury history or if you're extremely raw, and the "statistics" say it's the safest position to select in the first round. 

I think when you factor everything in from different combine format (resulting in a lot of skewed times/non-workouts), lack of normal offseason/pro day circuit, COVID-19 uncertainty going forward, talent pool, need across NFL teams, and it being the largest position group (5 starters), it seems to just make sense

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

He’s a very well rounded WR though. Best hands in the class, dropped 1 ball in 162 targets, and ran the most diverse tree in college football according to PFF. Comparing him to Ross is horrible. 

? I never compared him to John Ross. I said a team was going to fall in love with his combine numbers and draft him in the top-10 just like what happenend with John Ross. Neither of those guys were considered top-10 guys before their combines. 

Edited by Emerica

1 minute ago, Emerica said:

? I never compared him to John Ross. I said a team was going to fall in love with his combine numbers and draft him in the top-10 just like what happenend with John Ross. Neither of those guys were considered top-10 guys before their combines. 

Everyone knew Ruggs had 4.2 speed before the combine. The O/U for his speed on Vegas Betting Odds was 4.27. Ruggs was a Top 15 pick before the combine. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Everyone knew Ruggs had 4.2 speed before the combine. The O/U for his speed on Vegas Betting Odds was 4.27. Ruggs was a Top 15 pick before the combine. 

Seriously. Who didn't know that Ruggs was fast AF? Maybe you didn't know he'd run a 4.27 instead of a 4.32, but it was clear the guy's speed was off the charts. He has always been a top pick.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Full mock:

1. Cincinnati - Joe Burrow | QB |
2. Washington - Chase Young | EDGE |
3. Detroit - Jeff Okudah | CB |
4. NY Giants - Tristan Wirfs | OT |
5. Miami - Justin Herbert | QB |
6. LA Chargers - Tua Tagovailoa | QB |
7. Carolina - Derrick Brown | DT |
8. Arizona - Jedrick Wills | OT |
9. Jacksonville - Mekhi Becton | OT |