Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Even if you set the bar lower than usual, I don't think he is good enough in coverage to go in the 1st. No LB with coverage deficiencies should go in the 1st nowadays. Brooks is an explosive athlete though and a solid 2nd day pick.

25 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Even if you set the bar lower than usual, I don't think he is good enough in coverage to go in the 1st. No LB with coverage deficiencies should go in the 1st nowadays. Brooks is an explosive athlete though and a solid 2nd day pick.

I really like Brooks but I can’t see him in the 1st this year. Maybe in a different class he would be, but this one is too deep. 

5 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I think he's trying to be ironic, but either way he's a tool. First time I've seen Brooks being mentioned in that bracket though. 

Yea I don’t see it at all. I like him for what he is, but I don’t see a high caliber impact LB when I watch him play.

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

Yea I don’t see it at all. I like him for what he is, but I don’t see a high caliber impact LB when I watch him play.

Yeah agreed, just reported it for what it was. I do like Brooks though, but he's probably like #60 of #100 players who are gonna be mentioned in the first round between now and draft night. 

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Yeah agreed, just reported it for what it was. I do like Brooks though, but he's probably like #60 of #100 players who are gonna be mentioned in the first round between now and draft night. 

I feel ya. 60 would be a little rich for me, closer to 100 personally. But there’s always a handful of guys who get labeled that “late 1st” talent pre-draft like ya said. Not sure why people feel he’s one of em but to each their own. 

On 4/8/2020 at 12:02 PM, YogiBiz said:

Where was it leaked this season? If it was I missed it completely. Also it was leaked last year that they would take Jones at 17 not 6. 

Daniel Jeremiah actually leaked they were taking Jones at 6 a few weeks before the draft and it started gaining steam from there.

11 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Daniel Jeremiah actually leaked they were taking Jones at 6 a few weeks before the draft and it started gaining steam from there.

The rumblings were that if the Giants didn't take Jones with their first pick that the Redskins would take him at 15.