Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

There are definitely a couple of edge rushers on the board that I still really like who don't have the injury. 

Who are those guys? I'm super late to scouting these kids so trying to cram in as much tape today as I can. Just finished Ojabo and I'm with you, he doesn't strike me as a top 15 prospect, but this is also incredibly poor draft class (at least from a top-tier talent standpoint, not sure how deep it may or may not be). 

I've got Mafe, Ebiketie, and Drake Jackson next on my list. Let me know if there are any other names I should be prioritizing. 

Just now, SaveOurSonics said:

Who are those guys? I'm super late to scouting these kids so trying to cram in as much tape today as I can. Just finished Ojabo and I'm with you, he doesn't strike me as a top 15 prospect, but this is also incredibly poor draft class (at least from a top-tier talent standpoint, not sure how deep it may or may not be). 

I've got Mafe, Ebiketie, and Drake Jackson next on my list. Let me know if there are any other names I should be prioritizing. 

Ebiketie is my next man up. 

Given the specific ability of Ojabo (basically a wash in the run game and strictly a passing down player right now), I'd take Bonitto before I took him as well. I think you can make a case for Sam Williams in that spot as well, but he has some off the field stuff that teams will need to be comfortable with. 

I love Paschal, but different sort of player. 

I don't know about Drake Jackson. I think he's a couple of years from being whatever in the hell it is that he's trying to be, so I think you're probably "losing" a year with him as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Any rumors on what TB will do with pick 33? Last year there was heavy noise by this time about Jags loving Tyson Campbell and that is indeed who they picked at 33

I'd imagine we will hear more closer to the draft, but I think it's been reported that unless Tampa Bay is overwhelmed they'll be picking there.

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Any rumors on what TB will do with pick 33? Last year there was heavy noise by this time about Jags loving Tyson Campbell and that is indeed who they picked at 33

I think Vegas is running with Logan Hall

10 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

No rumors but a geekonsensus:  Nakobe Dean if his injury history doesn't scare them off.  Otherwise Leo Chanel (or Christian Harris).

I'm very interested to see where Breece Hall goes today. Texans and Falcons make a lot of sense at the top of the 2nd round. Giants could be a surprise team if they're serious about moving off of Saquon. 

Bills & Eagles make sense as a trade up candidate, but with the draft capital both teams gave up to make moves yesterday, I'm not confident in that actualizing. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics

Scott Pioli was just on NFLN talking about how big of a steal Kyle Hamilton was...... for the Jets. How he's everything Saleh was looking for in a player/Safety and how shocked he is that they were able to get him at Pick 14.

The entire time you could hear someone in the background whispering "Ravens, Ravens, Ravens". He didn't pick up on it though and kept plowing ahead. Pretty funny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I'm very interested to see where Breece Hall goes today. Texans and Falcons make a lot of sense at the top of the 2nd round. Giants could be a surprise team if they're serious about moving off of Saquon. 

Bills & Eagles make sense as a trade up candidate, but with the draft capital both teams gave up to make moves yesterday, I'm not confident in that actualizing. 

Giants will go RB today, but not at 36. I think James Cook at one of their 3rd round picks is the guy.