Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

3 hours ago, Superduperman said:

it would be an all-timer. I can only think (if it really does end up this way and it's not just week-before-the-draft nonsense) that Stroud must be really coming off bad in interviews. Like awful, terrible bad.

I think it's more concern that Stroud wasn't the reason for the success at Ohio State and more the byproduct.  I mean, we saw both Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave have tremendous success in the NFL without CJ Stroud throwing them the ball.  JSN is largely viewed as the #1 WR in the '23 draft, and a probable top 15 pick.  And Marvin Harrison Jr. is viewed as the best of the WRs in that Buckeye WR room the last few years, and Emeka Egbuka is no slouch either.

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think it's more concern that Stroud wasn't the reason for the success at Ohio State and more the byproduct.  I mean, we saw both Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave have tremendous success in the NFL without CJ Stroud throwing them the ball.  JSN is largely viewed as the #1 WR in the '23 draft, and a probable top 15 pick.  And Marvin Harrison Jr. is viewed as the best of the WRs in that Buckeye WR room the last few years, and Emeka Egbuka is no slouch either.

That'd be like knocking Burrow for having CEH, Justin Jefferson, and Chase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Can someone explain why Devon Witherspoon is the heavy betting favourite as the first CB taken? Is it solely the Detroit connection?

sometimes I think the "betting favorite" is a simpy vegas moving the odds to shift the wagering to different places.  

14 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Can someone explain why Devon Witherspoon is the heavy betting favourite as the first CB taken? Is it solely the Detroit connection?

Pretty much. Keep in mind that draft bets are very low totals/volume, so they aren't really bet by professionals (too volatile). This combo means that narratives and hype (and some info) can wildly swing the odds. Only real exception is the first overall since if you have good info, pros will make the bet to get a bit of 'free' money. Once you get past those locked in picks, there's too much variation to account for outside.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Their TE room currently consists of 

*checks notes*

Josiah Deguara, Tyler Davis, Austin Allen, and Nick Guggemos

It was a given that the Packers were going to select at least one TE, if not two.  The only question is which one (or two)?  Darnell Washingtons seems like the obvious pick for the Packers even if Michael Mayer seems to be getting a LOT more connections.

This is a super deep TE class though, so there is every possibility that they get one of the last true first round talents in R1, then grab TE on day 2.

33 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

This is a super deep TE class though, so there is every possibility that they get one of the last true first round talents in R1, then grab TE on day 2.

That'd be an over-investment in the TE position.  IF they take a TE on Day 1, they're not taking another one until Day 3 at the very earliest.  It would make no sense to take another TE on Day 2 if they took one on Day 1.  They have more needs than just TE.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That'd be an over-investment in the TE position.  IF they take a TE on Day 1, they're not taking another one until Day 3 at the very earliest.  It would make no sense to take another TE on Day 2 if they took one on Day 1.  They have more needs than just TE.

Pretty sure he's saying take another position rd 1 that you have ranked high and wait on rd 2 for TE

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Would almost guarantee the Texans are taking Will Anderson at 2 and a WR at 12 to help Lance if that happened. 

Will Anderson @2
Jalen Carter @12
Josh Downs @33
Trey Lance for 65+73
Olusegun Oluwatimi @104