Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

33 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

A LOT more athletic. I don't think people fully grasp how alien Richardson is. He is the most athletic QB we've ever seen. From a physical profile, he is the best we've ever seen, and it isn't really debatable.

As someone not too familiar, how does he compare with Lamar Jackson athletically? Lamar is his own alien freak so I'm not sure how much more freakish Richardson could be

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Moving UP to get a RUNNING BACK?!

MF we're already negotiating a $250M contract with one, why would we move up for another?!

Are you trying to convince me or yourself here? Getting mixed messages.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

A LOT more athletic. I don't think people fully grasp how alien Richardson is. He is the most athletic QB we've ever seen. From a physical profile, he is the best we've ever seen, and it isn't really debatable.

All of those physical traits mean nothing if he can only complete 52% of his passes.  He needs a lot of work as a passer in the NFL, and it is going to take a couple years.  Some guys do not have the mental makeup to go through the early struggles, and if he is put in a position he has to start early, it may break him mentally before he gets over the hump.

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As someone not too familiar, how does he compare with Lamar Jackson athletically? Lamar is his own alien freak so I'm not sure how much more freakish Richardson could be

From tall the measurables? Honestly I think he blows Lamar out of the water. Lamar is more like the typical wide receiver mold that really learned to throw at an NFL level.

8k4RYDU.png

Richardson is like Vernon Davis learned to throw at a college level. (We'll see if he makes the next steps as a passer that Lamar was able to)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's hard to compare directly, because Lamar Jackson just didn't test. His RAS card only has height and weight. He didn't even run a 40 at his pro-day (I'm putting very little stock into whatever his 4.34u time, because I have no idea what a 'speed day' is). From what we can compare, Richardson is much bigger than Jackson. 6'2" 215 vs 6'4" 245. I also wouldn't necessarily call Lamar Jackson a 'freak'. He's absurdly athletic and extremely fast and agile, but he's not very big. Anthony Richardson is only really comparable to Cam Newton and Dante Culpepper, historically, from the data we have. All 3 of those guys were insanely athletic at a large size, and Richardson bests those 2 in just about every category.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

All of those physical traits mean nothing if he can only complete 52% of his passes.  He needs a lot of work as a passer in the NFL, and it is going to take a couple years.  Some guys do not have the mental makeup to go through the early struggles, and if he is put in a position he has to start early, it may break him mentally before he gets over the hump.

There are many, many reasons he only completed 52% of his passes, some of which are not his fault. He also, honestly, does not need that much work. Depending on how fast he can adjust to the NFL (which is an underrated concept; adjusting to a new job straight out of college is hard for anyone, in any field, but especially the NFL. It doesn't matter how 'pro ready' you are, moving and taking care of your family and adjusting to your first real job can potentially take a decent amount of time), he could make an impact year 1 IMO. The splash play potential already exists. The mental side of scouting is something we as internet warriors/draftniks/whatever need to accept we will never have a grasp on and just have to go off what others say. Reports are really good from him on a character/mental aspect.

Also, I fully believe accuracy is fixable. Most QB issues are actually fixable, with varying degrees of difficulty in work required to fix them. Shallow to medium accuracy issues, which Richardson definitely needs work on, are relatively easy to fix. Pocket presence can be fixed, but it takes a ton of work and a ton of time; sometimes, you run out of time before you can fix that on a QB. There are a few issues that are not fixable no matter what you do. Arm strength. Speed. Throwing off balance. You can't really teach those, and you can't fix them. You have them or you don't. Richardson has those in droves.

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Are you trying to convince me or yourself here? Getting mixed messages.

I honestly don't think Bijan Robinson should ever go to the Ravens in any scenario. JK Dobbins is already a budding superstar at RB and Gus Edwards is a great change-of-pace back. And you can find RB's anywhere, basically.

We have so many other pressing needs that if he was there at 22, I feel like we should just trade out OR, if we really do take him, we have to trade JK Dobbins.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

From tall the measurables? Honestly I think he blows Lamar out of the water. Lamar is more like the typical wide receiver mold that really learned to throw at an NFL level.

8k4RYDU.png

Richardson is like Vernon Davis learned to throw at a college level. (We'll see if he makes the next steps as a passer that Lamar was able to)

So he's the DK Metcalf of QB's?

Lamar isn't big but his agility/speed is absolutely absurd for QB's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I honestly don't think Bijan Robinson should ever go to the Ravens in any scenario.

That's not the question though, the question is, WILL HE? :) 

JK Dobbins is already a budding superstar at RB and Gus Edwards is a great change-of-pace back. And you can find RB's anywhere, basically.

You're preaching to the choir here

We have so many other pressing needs that if he was there at 22, I feel like we should just trade out OR, if we really do take him, we have to trade JK Dobbins.

This whole thing reads as the "Denial" stage of grief. I'd say over/under 2 days until you reach the "Guys, we got the best player in the draft" acceptance stage after a 2 day rollercoaster ride of self loathing, depression, and anger.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That's not the question though, the question is, WILL HE? :) 

You're preaching to the choir here

This whole thing reads as the "Denial" stage of grief. I'd say over/under 2 days until you reach the "Guys, we got the best player in the draft" acceptance stage after a 2 day rollercoaster ride of self loathing, depression, and anger.

The Ravens, almost more than any team, are known for taking BPA. We had a good safety room last year and still took Kyle Hamilton and made it work.

There's a possibility that if Bijan is on the board, we just take him and make it work or ship JK Dobbins out. Who knows. I'm going to be angry with the pick no matter what happens if we take Bijan Robinson lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Ravens, almost more than any team, are known for taking BPA. We had a good safety room last year and still took Kyle Hamilton and made it work.

There's a possibility that if Bijan is on the board, we just take him and make it work or ship JK Dobbins out. Who knows. I'm going to be angry with the pick no matter what happens if we take Bijan Robinson lol

I'll try to give you a 5-15 minute head start to vent before I tag you and ask your thoughts tomorrow night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I'd be surprised to see him go for a day 2 pick. I think he may get moved on Saturday. A 2023 day 3 pick + some kind of conditional pick in 2024.

I've seen suggestions that it would be the Bills 3rd for Hopkins and day 3 picks from Arizona.

There is also a "report" out now that it could be pick 27 for Hopkins and pick 34. The account it is from had Beasley returning to the Bills a few days before anyone else and Poyer returning as well. So its not a total BS account it appears.