Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

But it’s bad seasoning.  I’d rather be given a raw chicken thigh and be told make something good with it than one that’s been sitting in some absurd amount of salt that I have to purge.

What if you were told you need to make something with that raw chicken thigh, but first you need to raise chickens?

I don't disagree. Billy Levis has a lot to unlearn. But a little acid offsets salt. 

Been looking at the betting odds for the draft all week, interesting to see how it plays out if the favorite for every pick winds up getting drafted at that spot:

1. Bryce Young (-1000); next closest Will Levis (+450)

2. Tyree Wilson (+125); next closest Will Levis (+225)

3. C.J. Stroud (+275); next closest Tyree Wilson/Will Anderson (+300)

4. Will Levis (+130); next closest C.J. Stroud (+400)

5. Jalen Carter (-110); next closest Will Anderson (+275)

6. Devon Witherspoon (-130); next closest Jalen Carter (+375)

Wonder if we see a Will Anderson slide at all... still blows my mind that Wilson is the favorite to be the first non-QB drafted above Anderson.

14 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I've seen suggestions that it would be the Bills 3rd for Hopkins and day 3 picks from Arizona.

There is also a "report" out now that it could be pick 27 for Hopkins and pick 34. The account it is from had Beasley returning to the Bills a few days before anyone else and Poyer returning as well. So its not a total BS account it appears.

Hopkins to the Bills would be huge.  Diggs would run wild without being able to roll coverage to him.

41 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm gonna be scarfing pizza and furiously F5'ing this site, so I'll be here raging as always

I'm not even sure what network the draft is on. I just axed DirecTV and now have whatever my antenna gets me...not that I need to care for the next few years as a Browns fan.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not even sure what network the draft is on. I just axed DirecTV and now have whatever my antenna gets me...not that I need to care for the next few years as a Browns fan.

The first round will at least be on most local ABC affiliates because of the ABC/ESPN/Disney conglomerate.  Days 2 and 3 you may need ESPN to watch on TV, but you can' likely find a number of internet resources either doing their own coverage (and analysis).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

In recent years I have preferred live coverage of the draft while following on draftcast to actually watching draft coverage. I'll watch Robert Mays / Nate Tice /  Dane Brugler get into some real conversation and follow the picks online. I think last year I watched the Draft Network live stream with Trevor Sikkema 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

The first round will at least be on most local ABC affiliates because of the ABC/ESPN/Disney conglomerate.  Days 2 and 3 you may need ESPN to watch on TV, but you can' likely find a number of internet resources either doing their own coverage (and analysis).

1 minute ago, Forge said:

In recent years I have preferred live coverage of the draft while following on draftcast to actually watching draft coverage. I'll watch Robert Mays / Nate Tice /  Dane Brugler get into some real conversation and follow the picks online. I think last year I watched the Draft Network live stream with Trevor Sikkema 

I'm not sure whether to thank you both for valuable information or curse you both for not letting me live in my own ignorant world that's likely better for my overall physical and mental health while being infinitely more profitable than following as a Browns fan.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

NFL.com will have a stream

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As someone not too familiar, how does he compare with Lamar Jackson athletically? Lamar is his own alien freak so I'm not sure how much more freakish Richardson could be

You probably already got answers to this.. but he has Lamar’s speed (or like 90% of his speed), Cam’s size, and Herbert’s arm. …Yeah…

I think a lot of people don’t realize the NFL has changed. You don’t need to be great passer. Hurts still isn’t the greatest passer, that scheme just opens up the passing game. But yes, Hurts has improved as a passer from Year 2 to 3 quite a bit. 

What Richardson needs is a great offensive minded HC, a year on the bench or majority of a year, and a scheme that fits his strengths/dual threat like Lamar and Hurts have had. By Year 3, Richardson can be a very good passer. 

I think it is crucial to note, projects like Richardson and Levis need to go to an offensive minded HC. A defensive minded HC with (likely) rotating OC’s will destroy these guy’s development. The Colts drafting Levis or Richardson will destroy them. The Texans drafting either guy is bad too. Stroud would be a solid fit on the Texans or Colts. Richardson would be a solid fit on the Seahawks (perfect fit in that offense), Lions, Raiders, Falcons. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You probably already got answers to this.. but he has Lamar’s speed (or like 90% of his speed), Cam’s size, and Herbert’s arm. …Yeah…

And rookie Josh Allen's accuracy?

EDIT: So basically he's Josh Allen with Lamar's speed (to a length)

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And rookie Josh Allen's accuracy?

EDIT: So basically he's Josh Allen with Lamar's speed (to a length)

That’s fair I guess. But at least he was inaccurate against SEC defenses with one of the worst SEC receiving cores, not Allen who was playing garbage tier defense in the nation. 

• Like 1