Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

17 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm hearing Paris Johnson Jr. to Arizona at 3 is legitimate.

If Anderson goes at 2 and there's no trade down there, this isn't that much of a stretch. Arizona likely wants nothing to do with Carter and PJJ is a similar tier player to everyone after Carter/Anderson/Bijan (talent wise) IMO.

51 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

I mentioned earlier that Eric Galko mentioned Brents as a 1st round corner and I remembered that he dropped another name that he seemed very confident would be a first round pick....you mentioning Trice kind of jogged my memory....I think it was Trice that Galko name dropped.

Edit....saw the Galko reference in the initial post.

I like Brents a lot and I've seen him come up in the 2nd in most drafts, even the first sometimes. I've not seen Trice anywhere before the 4th. Could this be the biggest surprise of round 1? A Trice pick towards the end of the 1st?

Paris Johnson to #3 Arizona rumor thing... to me... feels like the Cardinals are not finding good enough trade up for QB offers right now. The Cardinals are seeing Pittsburgh calling teams like Vegas, Atlanta, Chicago range and want to get their attention that their target might go #3 so call #3 if you want to pay to come up.

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

I feel like the Cardinals will take Tyree Wilson and he will be a bust. That seems more like the Cardinals trajectory. Not that I can speak—I’m a Browns fan. 

Yeah I think that is more likely. Wouldn’t be the first Texas Tech alum they signed who didn’t live up to the hype. I think PJJ would make sense if they traded back, which I think they should do if they get a good deal.

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Not really, Cards typically draft defense heavy early.

I was referring to the “hilariously dumb” part. They signed a head coach who got fired from Texas Tech and drafted Kyler #1 overall. Then they gave Kyler a huge deal.

Edited by JohnChimpo

Just now, JohnChimpo said:

I was referring to the “hilariously dumb” part. They signed a head coach who got fired from Texas Tech and drafted Kyler #1 overall.

I see. Is finally getting Kyler some o-line help hilariously dumb though? How much worse is PJJ than Tyree for them at that spot?

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I see. Is finally getting Kyler some o-line help hilariously dumb though? How much worse is PJJ than Tyree for them at that spot?

Tackle is like the one spot Arizona has lol, probaly ILB (Zaven Collins/Isaiah Simmmons) is next given the contracts and capital invested in it.

DJ Humpries + Josh Jones + Kelvin Becham

all three IOL need upgraded, RB could be upgraded, WR is going to be little fast guys in Hollywood Brown and Rondale Moore after Hopkins gets moved. So like go down to 17+32 or whatever they can squeeze from PIT would let them hit up Quentin Johnston or maybe JSN at 17. 32 and 33 could be IOL like John Michael Schmitz/Joe Tippmann/OCyrus Torrence/Steve Avila. They can go literally anywhere defensively especially if Budda is also traded. The team is a mess and tackle isn't the mess.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

Tackle is like the one spot Arizona has lol, probaly ILB (Zaven Collins/Isaiah Simmmons) is next given the contracts and capital invested in it.

DJ Humpries + Josh Jones + Kelvin Becham

all three IOL need upgraded, RB could be upgraded, WR is going to be little fast guys in Hollywood Brown and Rondale Moore after Hopkins gets moved. So like go down to 17+32 or whatever they can squeeze from PIT would let them hit up Quentin Johnston or maybe JSN at 17. 32 and 33 could be IOL like John Michael Schmitz/Joe Tippmann/OCyrus Torrence/Steve Avila. They can go literally anywhere defensively especially if Budda is also traded. The team is a mess and tackle isn't the mess.

How much do you really have invested into Josh Jones and Kelvin Beachum though? I'm familiar with Beachum, being a Jets fan, he's on the wrong side of 30 and we made it a point to replace him with a first round pick years ago. Josh Jones is a 3rd rounder, how has he been? And are any of these guys capable of playing guard?

7 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

They’re probably both reaches at that spot. Ideally, they trade back, but if they can’t get a good deal, they should probably take their BPA. Seems like they have a ton of holes.