Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

10 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Multiple mocks showing the Texans coming up from 12 to 3. Gotta wonder why they haven't done it yet, if that's the plan. 

What would be the Cardinals motive for doing it early. Force the Texans to make their choice at 2 not knowing if they get 3. If they choose Anderson you may get more teams trying to get up for Stroud increasing the price

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mse326 said:

What would be the Cardinals motive for doing it early. Force the Texans to make their choice at 2 not knowing if they get 3. If they choose Anderson you may get more teams trying to get up for Stroud increasing the price

Yeah - it's a fair point. But if the Texans select Stroud at 2 with the intention to move up for Anderson at 3, they can squash that market. From the Cards perspective, it'd be easier to strategise with the deal on the table, at least. 

Edited by goldfishwars

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Why? Raiders need to trade down, add more picks. They have needs at every level on the defense and across the Oline. 

Raiders need more picks. Mortgaging their future on a QB right now would be suspect. 

Because theyre in purgatory right now. Jimmy G is just delaying the inevitable.

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Tried to explain why the draft was exciting to my wife and she said 'oh, it's the male equivalent of a seating plan at a wedding' and now I can't get that out of my head. 

I was thinking about this yesterday, and I realized why we love the draft- dudes love talking about guys. We could get together, sit around, and talk about guys forever. "Hey, remember Bubba Franks?" "Oh yeah, I remember Bubba Franks. You guys remember Chester Taylor?" "Of course I remember Chester Taylor!". We love that ****. The draft is just an opportunity for all of us to acquaint ourselves with ~250 new guys and talk about them for months. The people on the TV even talk about these guys! It's a spectacle! It's David Roth's 'Let's Remember Some Guys', but with current guys. It rules.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I was thinking about this yesterday, and I realized why we love the draft- dudes love talking about guys. We could get together, sit around, and talk about guys forever. "Hey, remember Bubba Franks?" "Oh yeah, I remember Bubba Franks. You guys remember Chester Taylor?" "Of course I remember Chester Taylor!". We love that ****. The draft is just an opportunity for all of us to acquaint ourselves with ~250 new guys and talk about them for months. The people on the TV even talk about these guys! It's a spectacle! It's David Roth's 'Let's Remember Some Guys', but with current guys. It rules.

Literally one of my favorite tweets of all time: 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Happy Holidays my friends

My wife still remembers when we first started dating in 2010 and I texted her that "today is like my favorite day of the year" and her response was "why, your team always screws it up" 

She was the one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Multiple mocks showing the Texans coming up from 12 to 3. Gotta wonder why they haven't done it yet, if that's the plan. 

If I am the Cards, I ain't trying to trade down that far. 

Maybe they have that deal in place, to be made on the clock. In case a better offer comes along. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Mel Kiper dropped his last mock draft about a half hour ago. Anyone have the picks from that?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/36187282/2023-nfl-mock-draft-mel-kiper-final-first-round-predictions-best-team-fits-picks-quarterbacks

Is it behind a paywall? If so i can take the time to write it out for ya

1 minute ago, Sad People said:

Yeah, ESPN+ or Insider or whatever. I got it now though. Thanks!

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Incredilbe there appears to be grown adults willing to pay for that stuff 

I pay for The Athletic. I got it on a deal a while ago- $1 per month for a year. When that ended, I cancelled, but they offered me a deal to come back at like $3 a month for a year if I paid for the year up front. Was still a great deal to me; the best Giants beat writer is on there (Dan Duggan), and you get access to Dane Brugler's 'The Beast' every year, which is worth it by itself.

• Like 3