Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Just now, THE DUKE said:

When faced with a question, the most likely answer is the simplest one.  He's embarrassed and doesn't want to get dogged on more.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952wnvbdggu79h29zozogx

The internet still exists whether he is in the green room or not. He's not avoiding anyone by not coming back. He's still going to be on camera from wherever he is.

Honestly, these guys and their families get decked out to the 9s for this event. I'd imagine nobody comes into town with a backup outfit that is just as nice as the one you brought, and you know you can't wear the same thing twice to something like this. Put on some sweatpants, have your girl let her hair down, and relax in a hotel room with your family to hear your name called. Nothing wrong with that. Also nothing wrong with guys coming back for day 2! That experience of walking across the stage is really cool, and I'm sure some guys want to experience it. Others probably don't care as much.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Call me crazy, but I think it would’ve said more about his character if he came back for day 2 to hear his name called.

It looks better if he stayed, not sure how greatly it impacts him though

42 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Wonder if Rams move up for Levis. Reportedly, they’ve been looking at QBs. doubt Levis drops to 36. 

Worth noting, that we just allowed the OC from Levis' best year at Kentucky to leave our staff after our worst passing game season (under his watch) since before the last time we actually had a 1st round pick.  A lot of people want to make a big to do about Liam Coen having been on our staff for McVay last year and that McVay could just call him for intel on Levis and that would put McVay over the line, but it works both ways.  Coen and McVay have a working relationship, and if Levis isn't a match for the traits that McVay wants, Coen's not going to blow smoke about Levis to get the guy drafted when it's really not going to benefit the program he's now coaching for, especially if Levis doesn't amount to much of anything.

Also, Les Snead doesn't trade up, particularly without having traded back first.  At this point, based off the scuttlebutt I'd been hearing for more than a couple weeks now, I genuinely feel like Levis is more of a boon to the Rams as bait for a trade-back than as a selection, much less a trade up (we already don't have a 4th round pick, and despite us having two 3rds, with the amount of holes that we have to fill - go look at who is projected to start on the EDGE and at CB for us currently - I'll be shocked if we don't trade back from one of those as things stand).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

This pick is always in super high demand between days one and two, and there's always talk about it, but it's seldom moved. The last time a team traded  down from this pick was 2015 (it was traded last year and 2017, but that was the team at 33 moving up). 

The value is probably not there for a lot of teams, to be honest. Likely a team has very few first round picks left on the board (if any). Moving down 5-6 spots likely gets you a 4th round pick. If I have a couple of first round grades left on the board, I'm probably not moving down and losing out on those for a 4th round pick. Value isn't there. Now, if you don't have any first round grades left, sure make a move for whatever...but I feel like teams often have 1 or 2 first round picks left at this pick. 

IDK, it's sounding more and more like it's gonn a happen. Schefty is running with it now...

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Steelers "have received, and are mulling, multiple offers" for the No. 32 overall pick. 

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Am I crazy to think that all the talk of teams moving up might be smoke?  People trying to establish cred based on the idea that a team, somewhere, will want to move up for Levis?

We've seen it before.

Nobody is moving up for Levis. He’s going in the final 12 picks of the 2nd Round. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Levis not attending day two already screams soft and sensitive. 

Eh, it's not a great look.  I don't know if it changes that much.  More of a missed opportunity, if character is really a concern.

But I don't really like conjecturing about character, when we usually have nothing concrete to go on.  Rumors of rumors and whatnot.  Obviously, when guys get arrested or say things themselves, publicly, it's one thing, but I don't know how anyone interviewed, and neither does anyone else.  And there's so much misinformation out there you never know.

But not going certainly feeds into a certain narrative, at the least.

• Like 1

Whole thread full of people calling Levis soft who'd be crying their eyes out for days on end if they were being told they'd be top 10 and then fell out of the first round. Pretty normal to be devastated about having a round full of teams you dreamed of being able to play for reject you while simultaneously losing millions of dollars on national television. If anything, he's smart for not showing back up to a glorified roast where he'd have to spend an evening acting like none of this bothers him.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2