Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Its becoming clear that Banks was the Giants target all along.

Edit: damn the instagram video didn't link correctly. There's a video from Banks himself talking about a bunch of things pre-draft with friends and such. One clip is him in a car saying "the Giants want me BAD. They might trade up for me" 

Edited by minutemancl

• 2 weeks later...

The Giants video production team has been killing it since Dabs and Schoen took over. The Giants Life video they just dropped is awesome for a bunch of reasons, one of which is the look into the war room on draft day.

https://youtu.be/G9K7ZpxEd2g?t=375

The Giants wanted either JMS or Hyatt at 57. When the Bears traded up right before them, they got PISSED. I think everyone thought the Bears were going to take Schmitz because of their massive need at center. There was obviously a ton of relief when they took Stevenson instead. Then, the Giants started trying to trade up basically as soon as the 2nd round ended for Hyatt. They got lucky when Daboll basically executed the trade up with the Rams to get him in the 3rd.

It's nice to think that all the picks your team made allowed them to get 'their guys', but this video shows that that actually was the case for the Giants for all of their first 3 picks. They wanted all of Banks, JMS, and Hyatt badly.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone else feel like that, no matter where your team picks in the first round each year (X), there are X-1 players you'd love to have at that pick? It feels like that every year for my team, no matter where we pick.

On 1/7/2024 at 9:44 PM, brownie man said:

I'm gonna call it right now

Top 4 goes 

1. Chicago - Caleb Williams

2. Washington - Jayden Daniels

3. New England - Drake Maye

4. Arizona - Marvin Harrison Jr. 

That certainly seems like the way it should be right now, but I can't help but feel like there is going to be a trade or 2 in that top-4 somewhere.

Chargers at 5 is a bit of a wild card. Obviously a lot depends on who they hire as GM and HC, but what are their needs right now? If the top 4 plays out like that, which I think it will regardless of which team is picking in those spots, the BPAs would be Nabers, Fashanu, Alt, and Bowers.

9 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This is the most open I can recall any HC/GM being about what they're going to do with their pick (in January)... outside of an obvious QB1 pick at #1.

I can’t decide if this is refreshing or dumb tbh haha

• Like 2