Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I would think 77 and 118 gets it done but I bet they’d try to send a 2021 4th instead of 118, as there’s a chance they end up with a comp 4th next year.

I'd be shocked if they were willing to move out range for the top tier for as little as that. You gotta be willing to start that deal with a second round pick. 

3 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I'd be shocked if they were willing to move out range for the top tier for as little as that. You gotta be willing to start that deal with a second round pick. 

The Cardinals gave up a 3rd and a 5th to make the same jump two years ago.

I am convinced that Elway foolishly thinks we are a WR away, much like he telegraphed the OT pick in 2017 thinking we were a OT away. He will do something foolish. 

Then again, the past two drafts have been a breath of fresh air with Elway acting like a competent GM and not reaching all day so maybe this is a unexpected smoke screen from him. I hope it is. 

Another note on Denver: they’ve been linked to Ruggs for a while, but most of that smoke came back in December when Scangarello was the OC. They were desperately trying to find a burner in that offense and at one point tried to trade for Marquise Goodwin. Now that Shurmur is the OC, it’s possible they’re looking for a different prototype. I wouldn’t be surprised if their guy is CeeDee Lamb but it could be any of the top WRs. I think the pick is definitely a WR though, the need is obvious and they’ve been leaving a trail of bread crumbs all over the team website + social media. And they don’t do smoke screens, when it looks like they’re lasered in on a player or position, it’s because they have. 

6 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Maybe if there are a lot of bidders but the Cardinals gave up less for the same move, and that was to get a QB.

Edited by BroncoBruin

6 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

By cost / value charting, what he is proposing is more than enough. May be enough if the rumors of Cleveland loving cleveland are true as he's not a premiere talent in this draft and it may be more about picking up whatever supplemental picks you can before selecting him. Could be similar to the Raiders trade when they wanted DJ Hayden. They moved down from 3 to 13 for only a second, which is a ridiculously light cost. 

But it varies by year, of course. Supply and demand and all that. 

2 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I am convinced that Elway foolishly thinks we are a WR away, much like he telegraphed the OT pick in 2017 thinking we were a OT away. He will do something foolish. 

Then again, the past two drafts have been a breath of fresh air with Elway acting like a competent GM and not reaching all day so maybe this is a unexpected smoke screen from him. I hope it is. 

I still don’t understand why the move would signify thinking they’re a WR away. 

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Another note on Denver: they’ve been linked to Ruggs for a while, but most of that smoke came back in December when Scangarello was the OC. They were desperately trying to find a burner in that offense and at one point tried to trade for Marquise Goodwin. Now that Shurmur is the OC, it’s possible they’re looking for a different prototype. I wouldn’t be surprised if their guy is CeeDee Lamb but it could be any of the top WRs. I think the pick is definitely a WR though, the need is obvious and they’ve been leaving a trail of bread crumbs all over the team website + social media. And they don’t do smoke screens, when it looks like they’re lasered in on a player or position, it’s because they have. 

I would feel most comfortable wagering it's Ruggs if I were to bet on it (if the trade up were in fact for a receiver)

3 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

The Cardinals gave up a 3rd and a 5th to make the same jump two years ago.

That was a move on draft night when a team was on the clock, this sounds like a premeditated move which means the price will be higher because the team moving back doesn't know what they're moving away from. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

My guess is the Raiders. I think Mayock may even have Terrell over someone like Henderson if it came down to it. 

Mayock loves combine studs, so I can't see him having AJ over CJ, unless AJ aced interviews. That's the x factor none of get to ever know about. 

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Forge said:

I would feel most comfortable wagering it's Ruggs if I were to bet on it. 

To me as far as fit goes that makes the most sense. It’s been funny seeing the a Broncos linked to all of the top 10 or so WRs. They even met with Tee Higgins which makes no sense to me.

6 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

It's not really a prohibitive cost though. Even if it cost a third and a fourth, that's not really a tough price to pay. People over value picks. In the top half of the first, I'm perfectly okay with moving mid round picks to go up and get my guys, especially when i Have extra picks from the niners. It's just not really that big of a deal. 

• Like 2