Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, massraider said:

Me too, but I gotta tell ya, if they went Hurts instead of Love, I would be cool. 

I keep looking for why Love is ahead of Hurts, cannot find it.

Hurts is awful. Why are people fascinated with this kid? If they have Carr and Mariota and draft a QB, that's poor choices IMO especially when we have so many holes to fill. Now if Carr is a draft day casualty, whatever. We're only a 4 win team without him so get us in line to draft Lawrence or Fields.

6 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Hurts is awful. Why are people fascinated with this kid? If they have Carr and Mariota and draft a QB, that's poor choices IMO especially when we have so many holes to fill. Now if Carr is a draft day casualty, whatever. We're only a 4 win team without him so get us in line to draft Lawrence or Fields.

Maybe he stinks. I'm really not great at picking QBs.

But I have seen several stats and metrics that say Love isn't good.  Haven't seen any for Hurts.

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Good question, I'd say if he fell in range there would have to be some catastrophic injury concerns though...

Do you think there was any truth to this in 2018? 

“We knew the Jets at No. 3 was the bottom line," Mills said during an appearance on former NFL executive Andrew Brandt's podcast. "We had another team -- which is going to surprise you -- another team had said, 'You may get a big surprise on draft day at No. 2 if [Mayfield] is available.' It was the Patriots. They had (No.) 23 and they had (No.) 31, and they had two seconds, and I don't know. We thought, boy, that's going to be a heck of a move to get up that high from where they are. And of course, he wasn't available so we never knew if that was a reality or not.”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/baker-mayfields-agent-patriots-were-going-to-move-up-to-no-2-to-draft-qb-if-browns-hadnt-taken-him/amp/

If so, I feel like now more than ever would be the opportunity to make that move. Tua fits exactly what Bill would covet as Brady’s successor, maybe even more than Mayfield. I know you and other Patriots like Stidham’s fit, but part of me thinks there’s more to be had there.

Third overall might be a bit rich to move up, but if Bill was interested Matt Patricia would be the ideal coach to negotiate with. Just something fun to think about.

7 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Do you think there was any truth to this in 2018? 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/baker-mayfields-agent-patriots-were-going-to-move-up-to-no-2-to-draft-qb-if-browns-hadnt-taken-him/amp/

If so, I feel like now more than ever would be the opportunity to make that move. Tua fits exactly what Bill would covet as Brady’s successor, maybe even more than Mayfield. I know you and other Patriots like Stidham’s fit, but part of me thinks there’s more to be had there.

Third overall might be a bit rich to move up, but if Bill was interested Matt Patricia would be the ideal coach to negotiate with. Just something fun to think about.

Tempted to say everything the Pats did around and since that draft indicates it sounds extremely unlikely we were in on Mayfield whilst trying to win with Brady, but honestly who knows. The Pats are the team everyone thinks they know, but even the fans are wrong-footed most of the time. 

15 minutes ago, massraider said:

Maybe he stinks. I'm really not great at picking QBs.

But I have seen several stats and metrics that say Love isn't good.  Haven't seen any for Hurts.

Well Hurts was benched in the first NC game he played in and every playoff game, he's been abysmal. He is a turnover waiting to happen and pretty inaccurate. I know the stats don't suggest that but if you watched you saw him bailed out quite often. If you just look at stats also, you'd think people were brain dead for thinking Carr needs replaced in the near future.

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

Well Hurts was benched in the first NC game he played in and every playoff game, he's been abysmal. He is a turnover waiting to happen and pretty inaccurate. I know the stats don't suggest that but if you watched you saw him bailed out quite often. If you just look at stats also, you'd think people were brain dead for thinking Carr needs replaced in the near future.

I've seen charting by two different sources, that track all their throws, and he is a in a tier with Burrow and Tua, all by themselves. 

Accuracy is a deal breaker for me, but I have seen nothing to say he is inaccurate.

9 minutes ago, massraider said:

I've seen charting by two different sources, that track all their throws, and he is a in a tier with Burrow and Tua, all by themselves. 

Accuracy is a deal breaker for me, but I have seen nothing to say he is inaccurate.

There's quite a lot of scouting reports that say his accuracy isn't great and often his ball sails. Everyone sees things differently. If we draft this kid and it's before the 4th, I'll hate it. He's shown nothing to suggest he's an NFL QB to me.

38 minutes ago, EL Guapo said:

I think Dave TE said he heard the Raiders offered their two first round picks to the Giants for the 4th pick. I don't know if he just makes things up 

He does. But he's an entertaining read. Have never seen any of his outlandish  talk come true though