Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Has a whole thread on the top corners for him. As you can see Henderson at #1 still.

Guy knows his stuff. He had a great Darnay Holmes thread up that I read. I think I'd lean towards Okudah over C.J., but I keep trying to tell people that C.J. is an absolute freak. He was badly misused by Grantham.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Guy knows his stuff. He had a great Darnay Holmes thread up that I read. I think I'd lean towards Okudah over C.J., but I keep trying to tell people that C.J. is an absolute freak. He was badly misused by Grantham.

What makes CJ better than a Justin Gilbert?

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm with you. He's going to be special with continued development imo.

I also have Okudah ahead of him. I don't think it's that large of a gap though. I just think that highly of Okudah too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Gilbert was a lazy turd who wasn't natural in coverage. I thought Gilbert sucked.

Yeah, was fairly well known Gilbert didn't care very much/put in the work.

That's not CJ from what I've read/heard.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, was fairly well known Gilbert didn't care very much/put in the work.

That's not CJ from what I've read/heard.

C.J. protected himself in 2019, but the man always busted his butt to try and chase players down from behind on long runs or catches. He ran down at least a couple guys (IIRC, Deebo Samuel was one) and stopped them from scoring on 70+ yard plays (and he wasn't the guy beaten). So no, I don't think he's a lazy turd. Just a kid who knew he was going to be a top pick and didn't want to risk his shot at making money.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’m just trying to spark discussion 

I'm just answering the question. My recollection of Gilbert was that he seemed like more a HB than a DB. Was a gifted returner with freakish athleticism, but had a HB's body and wasn't a natural at the position. Just didn't have a good feel for it. Much more impressive with the ball in his hands. But yeah, I also recall him being a massive turd. My reaction when the Browns drafted him and Manziel was one of pity. I felt so bad for Browns fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Hasn't done it since he was a freshman. 

they really need a punt returner, Hardman was just okay at it. 

Probably just a smokescreen. Crazy to think about, probably pushes somebody to pull the trigger early. All that speed on one team.