Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Yup, Wills is the odds-on favorite right now. Besides the fact that his tape is as good as any other lineman in this draft, he is a natural fit at RT so we won't have to displace Solder, and there is the Giants-Alabama connection now with Judge (worked under Saban for years) and new RB coach Burton Burns.

Willis has become a fairly significant odds-on favorite. I'm now seeing him as low as -165 to be the first offensive lineman selected. There's so much action on under 8.5 on his draft slotting that the juice has reached -230.

BTW, great usage of the term odds-on favorite. That term is increasingly butchered these days, now that horse racing is not nearly as prominent. Racing types would never confuse a mild favorite of 7/2 and stupidly call him an odds-on favorite. But it happens all the time these days in other sports, with fans and commentators somehow not understanding that the term odds-on favorite means less than even money, or theoretically greater likelihood than all other possibilities combined. 

The most frequent example is Tiger Woods. He may have won more than 80 times on the PGA Tour but he's never been an odds-on favorite in any of them. Lowest was 6/5 (+120) in both the 2000 British Open and PGA Championship. But that doesn't prevent Golf Channel geniuses like Steve Sands from butchering the term every week. If Rory McIlroy is favored in the British Open at 6/1 odds Steve Sands will trumpet him all week as the odds-on favorite. Drives me nuts. 

I was impressed that it was used correctly here. If the favorite is +165 instead of -165, just say betting favorite instead of odds-on favorite. Not complicated. 

• Like 1

I was looking at FanDuel for the draft odds, BTW. Click on "Live" at top, then "NFL Draft" at left. Then plenty of categories but they require some navigation. 

5dimes.eu is always interesting. Click on "Live Lines" on top then check the box with "NFL Props" at left. They have some things that I haven't seen elsewhere like each team and whether the first pick will be an offensive player or defensive player. I like their layout because it's simply one long scroll instead of clicking all over the place. 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

He carries it well now.  How long are the joints and ligaments going to hold up under that kind of weight though?  And that assumes he doesn't get any bigger.

We saw the same discussion about Zion coming out.  He's the third heaviest NBA player and much shorter than #1 or #2.  At some point, the human body just can't handle that much weight moving that explosively.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

We saw the same discussion about Zion coming out.  He's the third heaviest NBA player and much shorter than #1 or #2.  At some point, the human body just can't handle that much weight moving that explosively.

Agreed and even if I’m nitpicking which yea maybe i am if those 4 really are that close to one another that concerns carries enough weight(you like that?) to drop him I’d think

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wouldn’t it be pretty foolish to accept a trade pre-draft unless we get crazy high value for the pick? It would have to be stellar. Picks are great but if someone fell into your lap that you didn’t expect but you traded it would look awful for a team desperate for blue chip talent

The only time we ever really see pick-for-pick trades happen before the draft is for the top QBs. Even the Eagles in 2016 and the Jets in 2018 had to kind of gamble that their preferred guy would be there. We'll never truly know if the Eagles wanted Goff or the Jets wanted Mayfield.