Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, Raekwon should be available in the 2nd or 3rd, at least. Just gotta find those picks lol.

I'm terrified we are going to make a minor trade down to like 38 or something and then take him there. I think people are just going to say screw it and take their guy in this draft. I get the need for a space eater, but hell, I'd rather have Elliott over him just for the upside on the backend (though I think they likely play two different positions in our defense, tbh, with Elliott likely rolling in a 3T / UT and Davis playing a 1T role). I'm not taking Davis before the third. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm terrified we are going to make a minor trade down to like 38 or something and then take him there. I think people are just going to say screw it and take their guy in this draft. I get the need for a space eater, but hell, I'd rather have Elliott over him just for the upside on the backend (though I think they likely play two different positions in our defense, tbh, with Elliott likely rolling in a 3T / UT and Davis playing a 1T role). I'm not taking Davis before the third. 

Maybe. I think they'd be inclined to wait. But if you do get him there, at least the guy is an animal against the run. You could do worse. Still, I'd expect patience. With Hamilton and Fotu to fall back on, you don't have to be desperate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wouldn’t it be pretty foolish to accept a trade pre-draft unless we get crazy high value for the pick? It would have to be stellar. Picks are great but if someone fell into your lap that you didn’t expect but you traded it would look awful for a team desperate for blue chip talent

Correct.  Usually prior to the draft, you've been talking to the teams in the range you're looking to move up into with a general framework of the deal.  But the actual deal usually isn't struck until the teams are on the clock.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Correct.  Usually prior to the draft, you've been talking to the teams in the range you're looking to move up into with a general framework of the deal.  But the actual deal usually isn't struck until the teams are on the clock.

Yes.

Please see dumbbell Raiders trading up for #2 to take Orlando Pace days before the draft. 

[narrator] Pace never played for Raiders.

5 minutes ago, massraider said:

I wonder if Tony's source was the interview over a week ago, where Jaylon said he thought the Raiders would draft him. 

No one's mentioned JAX with him until now that I've seen. But for LV that may be right.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Where do the Browns go at #10 if they trade for Trent Williams? Not saying they will but we've chalked them up to taking a OT at 10 this entire process. 

If they swing a deal for Trent Williams, I'd imagine they're moving back and recouping the pick they'd theoretically deal for Trent Williams.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Funny story. I didn't know who this person was. When I read it, I thought, "sounds to me like something someone associated with Minnesota or Philadelphia would say". Lo and Behold, I check her twitter, and she's based out of Philly...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Is it a hot take to say that I think he was the 4th best receiver on his team last year?

No that'd be his contemporary. Henry Ruggs. 

I'm not sure exactly how I rank the top 3 of Jeudy, Smith, and Waddle though.

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

Probably, yes, but I would think about it just because I don't like the way things have been trending there. But I Think he's still "that guy", and capable of putting up big numbers, even though it feels like he hasn't done it in a while. I wouldn't trade #13 for him. 

Definitely not 13 i was just curious. It’s definitely concerning that he doesnt seem wanted on his 2nd team already. Like just screams problems plus he hasn’t exactly been 100% healthy either

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

Funny story. I didn't know who this person was. When I read it, I thought, "sounds to me like something someone associated with Minnesota or Philadelphia would say". Lo and Behold, I check her twitter, and she's based out of Philly...

Lmao, even Philly writers trying to get one of the Big Three to fall. 15 is Jeudys floor imo. Probably goes 9-13. Great fit for the Jags, Jets, Raiders, and 49ers.