Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

So when Gettleman goes for a tackle at 4, what should be my new team to root for?

There are many reasons to root for another team other the Giants. Taking a tackle at 4 is probably not one of them. It's likely the right call. Honestly, I think Ruiz probably has a bigger impact than any tackle you get, but you're not taking him at #4. There's honestly not anyone available here (assuming Young goes 2) that I feel is some greater value than one of the tackles. I don't think you're losing some god awful amount of value by taking a tackle. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

There are many reasons to root for another team other the Giants. Taking a tackle at 4 is probably not one of them. It's likely the right call. Honestly, I think Ruiz probably has a bigger impact than any tackle you get, but you're not taking him at #4. There's honestly not anyone available here (assuming Young goes 2) that I feel is some greater value than one of the tackles. I don't think you're losing some god awful amount of value by taking a tackle. 

Simmons.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

He is, just let him fall to 20 and let the Jaguars take him though (unless Fulton is there).

There’s a few Raider fans who think he’s a reach at 19, how mistaken they really are. Jaylon is going 17, 19, 20, 22, 25, or 32 in this draft. Not escaping the 1st Round. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There’s a few Raider fans who think he’s a reach at 19, how mistaken they really are. Jaylon is going 17, 19, 20, 22, 25, or 32 in this draft. Not escaping the 1st Round. 

Yeah, he's been fairly underrated through most of this process imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Where do the Browns go at #10 if they trade for Trent Williams? Not saying they will but we've chalked them up to taking a OT at 10 this entire process. 

They would most likely trade down in that scenario unless someone like Derrick Brown is still available.

I think Wills is clearly the best player of Wills, Thomas, Wirfs, Becton.

Best pass pro, and has more mauler in him than people realize, cuz he plays so under control.

Thomas has some Hulk Smash in him, and is pretty good at pass pro.

Wirfs is a guard, despite his amazing numbers wearing shorts. Would be a really good guard. Really good. But he is only an okay tackle, which means he'll play tackle in the League. He's the one of the four that you can watch him and develop a game plan and get three sacks that day.

Becton would be drafted really really high, except people still remember Greg Robinson going #2.

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So is Simmons falling because he's too versatile? 

I don't buy the term "falling" - I think some teams simply view him as more of a luxury and prefer to allocate their resources to address players at "premier" positions (OL/DL/CB). Whether or not that will come back and shoot teams in the foot is TBD, but I don't think its outlandish

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So is Simmons falling because he's too versatile? 

When you look at Simmons you have to look at the rest of your team. You have three options.

1. Do I put him at a specific position and maximize his development there? If so, the flexibility does not really help.

2. Do I put him at the Super-Flex-No-Position like he can handle? If so, you piss off all your veterans and possibly your dinosaur DC.

3. Do I put him in a flexible role on a rebuilding team, and move him around as your team rebuilds and the needs of the team changes in the first few years? If so you risk stunting his development.

So I think it all depends on how people see their own team and how they would use him, and it always amazes me how teams get players that are ill-suited for the defense they run or the rest of their personnel and they spend the player's full time there trying to teach him to do what does not come naturally.

What would I do with him? I would draft him on a young defense with fire and passion and move him around. So you are limited to only a few teams, which means a fall in draft position. What do I expect to happen to him? I expect him to become an in-the-box safety on a team that does not want to admit he is an in-the-box-safety, and those are not selected super high.

Edited by Techbert