Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Peter King saying the Ravens are in play for Jalen Hurts in the second round. Obviously they’ve got Lamar Jackson, but could be looking to draft a long term high end backup in case he ends up missing 3-5 games a season. He also notes Atlanta are also in play for Hurts, perhaps as a long term successor to Matt Ryan. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Goes back to my January theory that rankings/mocks during that time are a little more accurate before all the over-think. Simmons at 12 and Ruggs at 19 was a common Media Mock Draft in January. Just like Ferrell at 4 was in January 2019. 

Although, I still definitely don’t expect Simmons/Ruggs to happen. 

Hey I'm with you and hope it happens. That's the most ideal draft for Raider fans. I'm very open about my reservations for Simmons strictly bc he's not really a one position guy and those people worry me. Aside from that, he's everything you want in a prospect.  Ruggs has been my 3 for quite some time as well but I'm not sure he'll fall that far either. We can only hope

6 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Peter King saying the Ravens are in play for Jalen Hurts in the second round. Obviously they’ve got Lamar Jackson, but could be looking to draft a long term high end backup in case he ends up missing 3-5 games a season. He also notes Atlanta are also in play for Hurts, perhaps as a long term successor to Matt Ryan. 

That would be one of the dumber picks of the draft but hey, go for it lol. Just means Vegas can't draft him and I'm all for it!!

7 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Peter King saying the Ravens are in play for Jalen Hurts in the second round. Obviously they’ve got Lamar Jackson, but could be looking to draft a long term high end backup in case he ends up missing 3-5 games a season.

That seems like...a major overdraft, not just because I don't believe in Hurts as a QB, but because that's a high pick that they could use elsewhere, whether at the WR positions or to reload elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

There's going to be a couple surprises like always too.

Can't wait for that Seahawks pick

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That seems like...a major overdraft, not just because I don't believe in Hurts as a QB, but because that's a high pick that they could use elsewhere, whether at the WR positions or to reload elsewhere.

I don't get it either but it seems as if many teams love Hurts. I think he'll go much earlier than any of us think.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Peter King saying the Ravens are in play for Jalen Hurts in the second round. Obviously they’ve got Lamar Jackson, but could be looking to draft a long term high end backup in case he ends up missing 3-5 games a season.

I really don’t buy that. I see the fit but there’s no way the Ravens burn a premium pick on a back up QB with a high-end QBOTF already on the roster.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

That would be one of the dumber picks of the draft but hey, go for it lol. Just means Vegas can't draft him and I'm all for it!!

To be fair, they have gotten pretty lucky Lamar hasn’t gotten dinged up yet. It’s only a matter of time with his play style. Why not have a high end backup who can run the exact same offense in case Lamar happens to miss a couple games? Investing in some insurance for your MVP seems like a smart move to me, not to mention they already have a super bowl worthy roster. Definitely a luxury pick though.

Edit: Unless you’re confident in RG3, I’m not.

Edited by bigben07MVP

25 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

To be fair, they have gotten pretty lucky Lamar hasn’t gotten dinged up yet. It’s only a matter of time with his play style. Why not have a high end backup who can run the exact same offense in case Lamar happens to miss a couple games? Investing in some insurance for your MVP seems like a smart move to me, not to mention they already have a super bowl worthy roster. Definitely a luxury pick though.

Edit: Unless you’re confident in RG3, I’m not.

I'm not confident Hurts is "high end" though. In fact, I'd say he's the opposite. He's done nothing to show me he's a QB in this league.