Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Just now, EL Guapo said:

An insider on a Giants board said they are not taking Simmons. He heard they liked Wirfs a while ago, I think he said him or Thomas.  They love Brown 

Yeah, it's been feeling OL for a while now. Surprised it's not Wills if that's an accurate report tbh. 

2 minutes ago, EL Guapo said:

An insider on a Giants board said they are not taking Simmons. He heard they liked Wirfs a while ago, I think he said him or Thomas but not sure.  They love Brown 

This is what I've been hearing as well. They love Brown but basically feel like they need to go OT. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, it's been feeling OL for a while now. Surprised it's not Wills if that's an accurate report tbh. 

So apparently the front office likes Wirfs and Thomas while Judge really likes Wills. The report I read talks about how this draft will tell us how much say Judge has early on as if they go Wills, that means they went with his guy.

• Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

This is what I've been hearing as well. They love Brown but basically feel like they need to go OT. 

So apparently the front office likes Wirfs and Thomas while Judge really likes Wills. The report I read talks about how this draft will tell us how much say Judge has early on as if they go Wills, that means they went with his guy.

I just feel like with Solder at LT he's a perfect match to slot into RT and be damn good from day one. 

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4389749

So, it's not the Redskins themselves, can't be the Bengals and it's probably not the Giants (assuming in division trades tend not to take place). That would leave Lions, Dolphins or Panthers. Unlikely to be the Panthers in re-build mode and the Lions would probably prefer to move back, so likely we are talking about the Dolphins only here folks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

So, it's not the Redskins themselves, can't be the Bengals and it's probably not the Giants (assuming in division trades tend not to take place). That would leave Lions, Dolphins or Panthers. Unlikely to be the Panthers in re-build mode and the Lions would probably prefer to move back, so likely we are talking about the Dolphins only here folks. 

Gotta be Miami I feel like.

LAC has Bosa and Ingram on the edge.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I just feel like with Solder at LT he's a perfect match to slot into RT and be damn good from day one. 

Solder is 32, overpaid, and coming off a poor 2019 season. I’m not sure it’s the smartest thing to base your top draft pick around that. If the Giants value/grade Thomas higher than the rest, take him. 

He could step in and play RT year 1 (he played there as a freshman), or even have Solder move to RT (which he expressed openness to this offseason). He has experience on both sides. 

Edited by SmittyBacall
  • Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

Yeah except they need to replace Solder

Wills has a chance to move to LT if need be. But you know, at least for now, you're getting probably the best RT in the draft.

They trying to replace him this year?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Why couldn’t it be the Redskins, Giants, or Lions? That tweet is just about trying to get him on the phone, not about moving up. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Wills has a chance to move to LT if need be. But you know, at least for now, you're getting probably the best RT in the draft.

They trying to replace him this year?

They could. They could start probably any of the top 4 OTs at RT and flip him to LT later. Or put Solder at RT. I really feel like the distinction between left and right tackle is diminished these days in most offensive schemes. It's more about how comfortable a guy is flipping his placement on the line. In that sense you're maybe better off drafting a guy to play LT immediately and try flipping Solder to the right side.

• Like 1

Just now, winitall said:

Why couldn’t it be the Redskins, Giants, or Lions? That tweet is just about trying to get him on the phone, not about moving up. 

I'd say it's fairly likely the team he assumes is taking him is probably answering the phone/talking to Washington fairly often.

I would also say the two tweets likely go hand in hand even if she didn't make that obvious.