Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Looking for a draft chart for the NFL draft.  I try to explain what I'm looking for to follow the players.

The chart will list all 1st round projected players at each positions  Chart would look something like this.

QB                  RB                           WR                    OT        OG        DT            S        ILB        OLB   

1st                Burrow              AJ Dillon             Henry Ruggs

Herbert             Bill jones             Joe Guy

Tua

2nd            Hurts                    Bill lanen

I know this is each reach but there use to be a magazine with this type of chart and I would hight who was picked and see who was projected high but fell in the draft.

Thanks  I'll take anything that list the players by position what round they are projected.

3 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm trying to figure out how people think Hurts is worth the 39th overall pick or anywhere near that. 

Played for the best coach in CFB history as a freshman, transfered to a new coach who had his last 2 QB's drafted 1st overall, top 3 in heisman voting, way more accurate than Lamar Jackson was coming out. 

Better question, how isn't he worth a top 40 pick with the value of possibly having a 5th year option on a QB if taken in the first 32 picks and he explodes?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

how many teams have doubled up on qb's though?

In 1994 the Redskins took Heath Shuler with the 3rd overall pick and Gus Frerotte with the 197th. They're two for two wasting high picks and getting gems later :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Played for the best coach in CFB history as a freshman, transfered to a new coach who had his last 2 QB's drafted 1st overall, top 3 in heisman voting, way more accurate than Lamar Jackson was coming out. 

Better question, how isn't he worth a top 40 pick with the value of possibly having a 5th year option on a QB if taken in the first 32 picks and he explodes?

I love his work ethic as well. For me, it's hard to imagine someone that talented and that hardworking totally busting. I like Hurts a lot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

In 1994 the Redskins took Heath Shuler with the 3rd overall pick and Gus Frerotte with the 197th. They're two for two wasting high picks and getting gems later :) 

Colts took 2 QBs the Andrew Luck year, one with the very first pick of the draft (Luck) and one as Mr. Irrelevant (Chandler Harnish).

Packers had Rodgers, and took Brohm in the 2nd(?) and Matt Flynn in the 6th or 7th.

Cowboys took Aikman 1st overall, and then took Steve Walsh 2nd overall in the supplemental draft of the same year (Aikman broke his finger and Walsh won the only game their rookie year lol, he was Jimmy Johnson's QB at Miami, the pick would have been the first of 1990, luckily they got Pittsburgh's first and still got Emmitt Smith).

The Panthers drafted Jimmy Clausen, Tony Pike, and Armanti Edwards (who was a QB they converted to WR) then the next year took Cam Newton #1 lol.

Elway and Kubiak were both in 1983 I guess this like half counts with the Elway snubbing the Colts, but he was a Bronco by the time they took Kubiak as well.

Bills drafted 2 in 1980, 2 in 82 and then got Kelly in 83 lol.

49ers took 2 in the Brady class Tim Rattay after Brady and Giovanni Carmazzi before.

24 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Listen, I'm just happy the Giants are even attempting smokescreens this year. Every year under Jerry Reese everyone knew who we wanted, and the past 2 years everyone knew Gettleman loved Saquon and Jones.

Definitely could also be Detroit smoke-screening to find a trade partner too. Any spot between 4-6 would still likely get them Okudah or Brown if not both.

Edited by jetjuice

25 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

First point: irrelevant. Who gives a crap who he played for? How's McCarran doing these days? Want more examples? I've got a lot!!

Second point: irrelevant. Who cares what his previous QBs did? The talent lies with the player, not the coach

Third point: most irrelevant. Heisman means jack and there's so many examples of this. 

Why isn't he?? Well, every big time playoff game he played in, he was utterly worthless and even benched and Bama fans are happy about that bc they weren't winning anything with him in. I probably read the field better than him. He's inaccurate and benefited from wide open windows. He's very late on throws often. He has no pocket presence. Want more?

The dude is a faster, poor man's version of Tim Tebow.

25 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I love his work ethic as well. For me, it's hard to imagine someone that talented and that hardworking totally busting. I like Hurts a lot.

Tim Tebow's work ethic and talent >> Jalen Hurts'.

What is it with you guys and intangible reasoning lol I'm just waiting for the "he has the IT factor" line 

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Remember 2 years ago when people were suggesting the Browns should take a QB at 1 and a QB at 4?

Funny thing is, PFF would tell you that is the right move. And to an extent, I agree with them. I wouldn't take QBs that close together with that high of a pick, but I agree with taking a QB every year in an early round until you have one, then you continue to take one every year in a later round to develop. If you hit on even just one more, you're in the black.

It absolutely would be the correct move. NFL conventional wisdom in this regard is so primitive and scared it is beyond laughable. My ideal for the Dolphins throughout this process has been to draft both Tua and Love in the first round. This is not a chess piece league. Draft sites like this obsess over the chess piece aspect of every position as near equal. Meanwhile if you have an elite quarterback you own so much trump card power all of a sudden every other piece doesn't need to be nearly as special. That's why teams like the Patriots and Seahawks have been able to screw around and trade down and make lots of pathetic picks and still remain near the top. If you don't have the quarterback then margin for error is all but gone and the burden toward every pick and every chess piece soars. 

Analytics has been ridiculously slow to attach to football. It is still not much of an influence and consequently stupid decisions are being made as a rule. Given the low connect rate at quarterback, but also the fact that top quarterbacks generally come from the first round, it makes exponentially more sense to take two early swings instead of one. College programs load up on elite quarterbacks year after year. That's why so many of these guys transferred like Burrow, Fields, Hurts, Eason and so forth. Imagine Clemson if they decided to relax with Kelly Bryant instead of recruiting Trevor Lawrence on top of him.

Yet somehow in the NFL the moronic process has been to take a one quarterback and then sit back and see where it leads. Season after season. Don't bring in any serious competition for him. Just attach a meaningless label like franchise quarterback to make yourself feel good about the matter. Then after a mostly random stretch of a few years how you get bored of the guy and repeat the process all over again. One quarterback. He's our franchise guy. We'll sit back and see where this leads. What could possibly go wrong?

Trust the coaching staff. This is not a big deal. Once the league got accustomed to multiple high picks at quarterback it would be soon bizarre that the league was ever so stupidly reluctant in the first place. Yes, occasionally you'll pick the wrong guy. Who cares? That is part of the reality. If you default to fear time and again then you'll continue to take the safe scared route. It will be mostly a fluke if you ever overcome it. 

I can only think of one somewhat similar example. The Jets drafted Joe Namath with the first pick in the 1965 AFL Draft and then picked Notre Dame Heisman Trophy winning quarterback John Huarte with the 12th pick. The Jets picked a fullback in between. Keep in mind there were only 8 teams in the league. Namath emphasized many times that drafting Huarte that early was a necessary jolt to understand that nothing would be handed to him at the higher level.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Would Detroit move that far down? 3 to 18 is a loooong drop, even if you get an extra first rounder.

Maybe for 18, 26, and 39? That would be a pretty sweet haul.

That’s within 100 points on the TVC.

I’m not convinced the Lions would say no. They can stay and take Brown/Okudah at 3, or make the deal and have four top 39 picks. Quinn and Patricia come from the Belichick school of trading down. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Makes a hell of a lot more sense if he's right.

Grab Tua and an elite OT (maybe Wills to continue to protect his blindside?) to keep him upright.

That would still mean the Fins have one of the OTs ranked waaaaay higher than the others.  Otherwise they could trade with all of the potential sellers from 8-13 and spend much less in draft ammunition.