Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

That would still mean the Fins have one of the OTs ranked waaaaay higher than the others.  Otherwise they could trade with all of the potential sellers from 8-13 and spend much less in draft ammunition.

Presumably Wills since he played with Tua in college 

3 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

That would still mean the Fins have one of the OTs ranked waaaaay higher than the others.  Otherwise they could trade with all of the potential sellers from 8-13 and spend much less in draft ammunition.

?

They can nab Tua at 3 and keep 5 to get a top OT.

Word has it some teams view Wirfs and Thomas as guards. If they're one it makes some sense to me. Not preferable but if you want to make sure you get an OT and view those two as more interior players and think the tackles will be gone by 7+...

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

?

They can nab Tua at 3 and keep 5 to get a top OT.

Word has it some teams view Wirfs and Thomas as guards. If they're one it makes some sense to me. Not preferable but if you want to make sure you get an OT and view those two as more interior players and think they'll be gone by 7+...

Any OL coach who views Thomas as a guard is an idiot.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

That’s within 100 points on the TVC.

I’m not convinced the Lions would say no. They can stay and take Brown/Okudah at 3, or make the deal and have four top 39 picks. Quinn and Patricia come from the Belichick school of trading down. 

Sometimes teams throw the value chart out when you're talking about such a monumental move up for a QB. 

I would think MIA would have to add an additional pick (maybe 2021 2nd). But that's a hard deal to pass up if you're DET and that option is really on the table. People forget that this is a very deep draft, especially in the 20-50 range. A lot of different various one can come up with but... 

• 1(18) DL Javon Kinlaw  
  • 1(26) RB D'andre Swift 
  • 2(39) CB Trevon Diggs

or 

• 1(3) DL Derrick Brown / CB Jeff Okudah

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Sometimes teams throw the value chart out when you're talking about such a monumental move up for a QB. 

I would think MIA would have to add an additional pick (maybe 2021 2nd). But that's a hard deal to pass up if you're DET and that option is really on the table. People forget that this is a very deep draft, especially in the 20-50 range. A lot of different various one can come up with but... 

• 1(18) DL Javon Kinlaw  
  • 1(26) RB D'andre Swift 
  • 2(39) CB Trevon Diggs

or 

• 1(3) DL Derrick Brown / CB Jeff Okudah

They’d be moving up for Thomas or Wills, not a QB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nex_Gen said:

The other two 1st and next year's, which is still probably a fringe top 10 pick...

Gonna be honest, I don't care how high you are on Wirfs or Wills. That seems incredibly stupid. You don't know how far Mekhi Becton is gonna fall or what the asking price for Trent Williams is. 

6 minutes ago, Drained said:

Gonna be honest, I don't care how high you are on Wirfs or Wills. That seems incredibly stupid. You don't know how far Mekhi Becton is gonna fall or what the asking price for Trent Williams is. 

I would agree.  I'm 100% in favor of the Fins trading up from 18 to get one of the top 4 OTs.  But you can trade up to 8-13 for much, much less than what the Lions would need at 3.  

• Like 1