Be honest...you've been thinkin' it! Are we trading for Cam?

aceinthehouse

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 9:18 AM, A TRAIN 89 said:

I really hope not. Also, it’s not realistic if Alex Smith is still on the books. 

Well it is realistic if we cut Norman, PRich & Reed - we’d be paying $40 mil for a starting QB though which is not desirable. If we cut those 3 and Trent returns we’ll have $72 million in cap space in March. We can certainly absorb another $18 million in Cam’s cap hit into that.

If Trent won't play for us and is traded, then we’ll have $85 million in cap space.

Edited by turtle28

19 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They want to win immediately.  If they can get a year or two out of Cam and let Haskins develop, they will do that.  I see McNabb 2.0 happening all over again here, and I hope I am wrong.  

Me too. I even called in this morning on Sheehan's show and said that that would be a stupid move. They need to figure out what we have in Haskins, now. While he's the cheapest he'll ever be.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Me too. I even called in this morning on Sheehan's show and said that that would be a stupid move. They need to figure out what we have in Haskins, now. While he's the cheapest he'll ever be.

Exactly.  I'm fine even with bringing back Keenum, because there needs to be an experienced backup here ready to go- and Keenum can also be moved in a trade if an injury happens to another team- but there is no way the Redskins shouldn't roll with him right now and figure out what he's got.  Most QBs get a year or less of prep right now, so it's time to get to work on that.  

• Like 1

All right, so the plan is to deal Haskins for a second rounder, then trade a third rounder for Cam, then trade out of the number 2 pick and get the Dolphins number 5, number 17, and a second rounder next year. 

At 5, they take Jerry Jeudy. At number 17, we take Austin Jackson.

Boom. 

• Like 1

Doesn't sound like starting a vet QB is in the plans.

ASHBURN, Va. -- From the time the Washington Redskins drafted quarterback Dwayne Haskins, they said the best way to help was this: Add more players around him. Even with a regime change, that quest won't end. When Ron Rivera met with owner Dan Snyder before taking the head-coaching job, a good chunk of his time was spent pitching his plan to develop Haskins.

It includes adding more help at the skill positions.

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/39563/redskins-desire-to-add-talent-around-dwayne-haskins-means-big-changes

• Like 2

14 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Exactly.  I'm fine even with bringing back Keenum, because there needs to be an experienced backup here ready to go- and Keenum can also be moved in a trade if an injury happens to another team- but there is no way the Redskins shouldn't roll with him right now and figure out what he's got.  Most QBs get a year or less of prep right now, so it's time to get to work on that.  

Keenum already said he's not returning. That's probably a good sign that the skins are going with Haskins this year.

• 1 month later...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28916134/panthers-give-cam-newton-permission-seek-trade

Looks like we’ll get a chance to see how sold Rivera is on Haskins. 

I’m sure the Panthers won’t be looking for much in return for Cam, given his age and injury status, contract (one year left at $21M), and their desire to move him to make way for what seems to be Teddy time. A 4th plus some other stuff to help them save face (pick swaps, maybe a young player) should really be enough to get it done. Can Rivera resist?

For me, I’d like to see Cam go to Chicago, be healthy, and take that job from Trubisky. Would love to see that team get a little more swagger and return to Da Bears they once were. 

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28916134/panthers-give-cam-newton-permission-seek-trade

Looks like we’ll get a chance to see how sold Rivera is on Haskins. 

I’m sure the Panthers won’t be looking for much in return for Cam, given his age and injury status, contract (one year left at $21M), and their desire to move him to make way for what seems to be Teddy time. A 4th plus some other stuff to help them save face (pick swaps, maybe a young player) should really be enough to get it done. Can Rivera resist?

For me, I’d like to see Cam go to Chicago, be healthy, and take that job from Trubisky. Would love to see that team get a little more swagger and return to Da Bears they once were. 

30 teams where he can go . Just not here or Carolina .