Should we keep Derek Carr (Voter Names Public)

Jerry

Should we keep Derek Carr (Voter Names Public)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Derek Carr

Every year is “One More Year”. 

Every year is a new excuse and there’s been about 97 of them. 

He’s not the QB of our future and I’d rather end it now instead of constantly procrastinating. We can probably get a Late 2nd for him. Trade a 4th for Fitzpatrick and draft Jordan Love. 

- Carr is the most conservative QB in the league. He has been this way since college across five coaching staffs. He is a wide open thrower, always, always has been. You need to be able to throw guys open in the NFL and throw into tight windows. Please don’t show me the Pro Bowl throw FFS. 

- He has terrible pocket presence. Always has been. This was in all of his scouting reports as Poor Pocket Presence/Bad Under Pressure/Happy. Go ahead and google any of his draft scouting reports. This was his main major red flag. Which is not a common trait before you say “Every QB has this”. No, they don’t. Carr had an elite level OL in 2014-2016 which masked this. He had one of the best lines in NFL History in 2016, which is not sustainable. In 2016 he didn’t suffer a single blindside sack until his injury. 

- He is soft. Not tough at all. I have seen this guy legit cry more than once. Hey, I’d cry to, but I’m not a football player. Carr is not a football player. He’s more of a flag foorball character. 

- His entire career he doesn’t venture off script. If it’s 3rd and 8, and the read open is a 3 yard out to the RB or TE, he will gladly take it, every time. His roboticness is laughable. 

- He is one of the worst in the NFL at extending plays. Bottom 5 for sure. Which is becoming an absolute necessity in todays NFL. You can bring up Tom Brady and Peyton Manning but those two have two things Carr doesn’t possess: A+ 1) Pocket Presence, they can sense pressure from a mile away and don’t panic. They are the best. 2) Those two make progressions faster than anyone who has ever done it. They have a super computer brain. Manning/Brady had 38+ wonderlic scores. Carr is 2nd to last in the NFL at 20 for QB (Lamar 13). Carrs brain works quite slow. 

- People hang onto his 2016 season which is one of the most overrated seasons ever. He was still extremely conservative at 7.0 YPA. People look at his 4th QTR comebacks and overrate the season. The first 3 quarters of every game was still the Carr we have now. Not to mention he had two #1 WRs and one of the best pass protections ever assembled. Yeah he finished #3 in MVP voting, who cares? Dalton was 3rd the year before that in 2015 with a strikingly similar season. Identical stats, comebacks, etc. 

I’ve wrote many more compelling and longer reasons of why we shouldn’t keep Carr but this sums it up for now. The only way I see us keeping Carr one more year is if we draft a QB like Jordan Love or Jacob Eason. However, I’d rather get rid of Carr now. Be done with it. I just can’t do it anymore. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Heart of Oak said:

We need a poll to decide if we want another poll to decide if we keep Carr.

It’s public this time for all the obvious troll accounts by certain members. But like the last Carr threads everything has already been stated. To keep him or move on no one is changing their minds at this point lol. 
I’m just waiting to see what Mayock and Gruden does. I can live with their decision and they obviously have a plan in place if they indeed keep him or move on.

Come on Free Agency and The Draft! It can’t get here soon enough.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

No, i'm making fun of you overblowing a stupid meaningless poll.

I don’t care about the poll, I didn’t make this thread or the original thread. Nor have I made a Carr thread. 

I simply stated people were getting influenced by the poll result when half of those 32 votes were absolutely HB and Frankie. We don’t have 32 posters, let alone a 32-21 poll result. I was simply pointing out HB/Frankie going to extreme depths. It didn’t even have much to do with Carr himself. Those two just amuse me. 

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

We are Raiders fans, we only go hard.  No patience, no desire to be wrong, always arguing.  Only thing we agree on is winning is everything.

Agreed. 

Anyways I will 100% guarantee we don’t reach 50+ votes on this one as all accounts will be real. I expect this poll to max out at 35ish votes. Proving my theory. 

It may reach 50+ by April, but no where near as fast as the previous did. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t care about the poll, I didn’t make this thread or the original thread. Nor have I made a Carr thread. 

I simply stated people were getting influenced by the poll result when half of those 32 votes were absolutely HB and Frankie. We don’t have 32 posters, let alone a 32-21 poll result. I was simply pointing out HB/Frankie going to extreme depths. It didn’t even have much to do with Carr himself. Those two just amuse me. 

I know, i got it the 1st time. I find it hilarious.