Should we keep Derek Carr (Voter Names Public)

Jerry

Should we keep Derek Carr (Voter Names Public)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Derek Carr

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The time to get rid of Carr was last year. Now they are stuck with him for the foreseeable future. 

I vote trade up for Tua, but that's not happening so 2020 will be a frustrating, excuse filled season of this argument. 

Meh I think kizer could’ve squeezed out at least 5 wins last year imo.

trade Carr 

get Mariota 

draft a qb 

let Mariota and kizer battle it out while the rookie gets groomed

Ohhh the no’s  making a comeback maybe I spoke to soon. 

as I’ve said before, this much debate pretty much shows what Carr is. An average QB, if you put a good team around him he can probably prove capable.

It all comes down to who are we going to replace him with, and I don’t think there is a ton of options this year. Which is a shame because we do have the capital to move around the draft.

but, teams have been able to attack drafts without a lot of capital.

ATL traded all the way up to 8 or so.

kC traded up for Mahommes

NO has made moves 

when you have a good team all around it is less risky to get aggressive for a certain player.

when you have many holes like we do, you gotta address them before going going all in on one IMO

41 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Carr is the blandest, most meh QB in the league. Literally the least exciting "decent" QB to watch in the league. Nothing about his skillset or personality inspires any confidence in anybody. Even the fanbase has turned on him, he was getting relentlessly boo'd final games in Oakland. He's like the exact opposite QB you want to open your new location and new stadium with. Just a boring player. 

I remember how he took so much pride in beating 2 win Arizona last year, proclaiming he wants to mess up our draft position. He will always be that guy who's not good enough, but just solid enough to keep us from being in position to truly draft his replacement unless we trade the farm.

We don't have much options. I'd probably trade a 4th for Cam Newton, let him and Carr compete and let Gruden draft his annual project QB in the 3rd. Meh...

I suppose Cam will restructure to vet minimum too? I totally refute the assertion that Carr will never be good enough to take us far, history shows time and time again that teams rather than QBs win it all. Id rather have dull and efficient over flash in the pan. 

If we can draft the next ARod or Marino or Brady then great but we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water on a wing and a prayer IMHO.

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

I suppose Cam will restructure to vet minimum too? I totally refute the assertion that Carr will never be good enough to take us far, history shows time and time again that teams rather than QBs win it all. Id rather have dull and efficient over flash in the pan. 

If we can draft the next ARod or Marino or Brady then great but we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water on a wing and a prayer IMHO.

I see it like carr is playing like “everything to lose nothing to gain” trying to protect his high % & great td:int ratio legacy.

i want a hungry qb that plays like “nothing to lose and everything to gain”. 

35 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

While still early, it seems like most still want to keep Carr for another year.

time for a 3rd poll, this has clearly been manipulated 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I feel like I know every person for Carr on this site and every person against Carr. We’ve all been in the same arguments. Ironically all the people for Carr were all online at the same time and voted first. 

I always expected the real poll to be around 20 against Carr and around 16 for him. 

The 33-21 one was definitely fake Frankie/HB accounts. You can think it’s ridiculous all you want. Sometimes ridiculousness is the truth. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Disagree here. Unless you have a GOAT Defense that doesn’t work. You have cases like the 2012 Ravens and 2011/2007 Giants but those Giant teams got hot and were not very good at all. 

2018 SB - Top 3 QB

2017 SB - Foles but Wentz is what got them the #1 seed. He would of won MVP. Without the #1 seed they don’t win the SB. 

2016 - Top 3 QB

2015 - GOAT Defense (although Peytons playoff experience)

2014 - Top 3 QB

2013 - Top 5 QB

2012 - Your theory works

2011 - Giants getting hot, not a good team

2010 - Top 3 QB

2009 - Top 5 QB

2008 - Top 5 QB

2007 - Giants getting hot, not a good team

2006 - Top 3 QB

2005 - Top 5 QB

2004 - Top 5 QB

2003 - Top 5 QB

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

Solid post. People want to replace Carr, but have no plan or solutions. 

I’ve come up with many plans. Fitzpatrick on a 4th Round Trade for example and drafting Jordan Love or Jacob Eason to develop for a year. Fitzpatrick would out perform Carr in this system, he is tailor-made for this offense. 

Carr is not as hard to replace as you guys make it out to be. Rank all 32 QBs. Take a pen, paper, write em all down. He’s Bottom 8-10 quite easily. Find a Bottom 10-12 QB is not that hard. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Wtf is Carr efficient at? Losing? Completion percentage? Throwing to Jalen Richard?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Wtf is Carr efficient at? Losing? Completion percentage? Throwing to Jalen Richard?

His completion # is completely (no pun intended) padded from throwing short of the chains on 3rd down. Chris Simms breaks it down. Same thing Sam Bradford did in 2016. 

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

3rd & 4th down throw aways. Blurred vision. Not seeing running lanes. Not throwing receivers open. Incapable of improvising when the play breaks down. Indecisive and confused after the first read is taken away. Ect ect. the list is Goes on. We at one point in our season were 6-4 with playoffs on the line during the quote unquote easier  portion of the schedule and Carr failed to put the team on his back and make the players around him better. He is not capable of being the guy to do whatever it takes to win. All he is and will be is the Sam Bradford version 2.0 high completion checkdown below average game manager. Good enough to keep you out of contention to draft a good quarterback but not good enough to beat good teams or make a threat in the playoffs.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

People have a difference of opinion. Frankly this complaining is wearing on most of the forum pretty quickly. Keep your opinion, but stop hijacking every thread with the same ****. At this point it’s beating a dead horse. 

This is a Derek Carr thread. Nobody is hijacking anything, Darren.

14 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

3rd & 4th down throw aways. Blurred vision. Not seeing running lanes. Not throwing receivers open. Incapable of improvising when the play breaks down. Indecisive and confused after the first read is taken away. Ect ect. the list is Goes on. We at one point in our season were 6-4 with playoffs on the line during the quote unquote easier  portion of the schedule and Carr failed to put the team on his back and make the players around him better. He is not capable of being the guy to do whatever it takes to win. All he is and will be is the Sam Bradford version 2.0 high completion checkdown below average game manager. Good enough to keep you out of contention to draft a good quarterback but not good enough to beat good teams or make a threat in the playoffs.

Pretty good breakdown. I wonder what these peoples opinion of Carr would be if 2014-2016 didn’t exist. (He was massively overrated those years but I’m not gonna get into that again). 

18 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

To the bold... no one thought we would compete this season. Go back and check the season prediction thread. Everyone agreed we were a bad team.

saying we were 6-4.. you do realize that, that was Derek Carr at QB during that stretch right? So his first 10 games this year against what you say is the tough part of the schedule is pretty good no? 

carr failed to put the team on his back agreed. But it also goes hand in hand with his All Star RB going down, his go to WR going down and Moreau who showed a lot of promise in Redzone.
carr can’t do it alone.. we agree there.

im sure you will just say those are excuses but whatever, as you explained, through the difficult part of our schedule Carr has us at 6-4 sitting in playoff contention.

i also don’t think the easy part of our schedule was as easy as some try to make it seem.