Should we keep Derek Carr (Voter Names Public)

Jerry

Should we keep Derek Carr (Voter Names Public)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Derek Carr

53 minutes ago, Dessie said:

This. Same people making the same point over and over and over again. Where is @Silver&Black88 at to stop these threads, it’s killing the forum.

That wasn't pointed at s&b.  That was pointed at the guys who want to constipate this forum with threads because their first thread didn't work in their favor.  

11 minutes ago, Totty said:

That wasn't pointed at s&b.  That was pointed at the guys who want to constipate this forum with threads because their first thread didn't work in their favor.  

I’m saying as mod he should be locking these multiple threads.

12 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I just don't understand why we would hang onto Carr. Why keep a losing QB around? At some point, you have to get the losing funk and mentality out of the building. Players that were tied to the mediocre Raiders need to get shown the door. 

At this point, we have to go with a rookie and vet combo. Anything other than another year of Carr

The most important position on the field....Carr has seriously one of the worst records in NFL history and people want to keep him.  Think about that for a second  #2 WORST STARTING RECORD IN NFL HISTORY.

25 of his career losses came from his rookie year and 2018. Have you looked at those rosters and circumstances? No, you’re just blinded by your hate of Carr and can’t be objective on the subject.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

25 of his career losses came from his rookie year and 2018. Have you looked at those rosters and circumstances? No, you’re just blinded by your hate of Carr and can’t be objective on the subject.

Exactly this.  Add in the fact that when the poll doesn't go their way, they will just make a new one to discuss the unwarranted hate for Carr.  Is he top notch? Absolutely not.  Is he serviceable until we find a better option, absolutely is.  Now, I would like to see the list of voters to make sure the other side of the argument isn't padding the poll.  ¬¬

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Totty said:

A Carr fan made this thread. I would of made one before the draft because we usually close threads at 200 pages and I would of asked the original one be closed. 

About the poll, 5-6 Non Carrers didn’t vote due to another thread being made and that being ridiculous: BP, SB88, SBXIX, etc etc. Seems to be a pretty 50/50 split. Also, 90% of the people who did vote Carr have admitted he’s not future and just want something better in place first. 

5 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Wrong. I hate this new idea of what a QB is. When did Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady stop being the prototypical QB. They didn't. That is still the ideal fit. Bad TEAMS need a QB to do it all.

Teams with Bad OL require a QB that is mobile and can extend plays. 

Teams with bad WRs and a bad playcaller needs a QB that makes plays off script.  

Teams with a bad defense require a QB that can put up 35 ppg while losing the battle of field position game in and game out. 

Teams with bad running backs require a player to throw 40 times a game to win. 

I want a QB that plays within the offense, and doesn't LOSE us games.

This is a team sport it takes 22 players to win a game no less, sometimes more. 

You guys can have your Watson, Allen, Mahomes, and Jackson. I'll take Darnold, Wentz and Carr every time. 

It has nothing to do with anything you just said. It's mental, It's 3rd and 2 Carr drifts right there is a lane, I'm tired at yelling at the screen just run and get the first, it ends up a throw away or incomplete pass and punt. He needs to make the plays that are there when there is opportunity,  you don't have to be super athletic to make plays with your feet and Carr can actually run, doesn't seem to know when he should or is afraid to because it means he may end up on the ground.. I'd for sure take Wentz over Carr any day of the week and if Darnold takes another step up up he will surpass Carr, by the way Wentz has 3 times the rushing yards than Carr. Frankly for all the talk of our Wr's are never open Carr should be taking all he can on the ground if that's the case. Throwing over 100 passes behind the LOS is losing games, but a least his completion percentage looks great.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

S&B88 is one of the guys pimping this crazy narrative. You think hes going stop it lol

Start a narrative? You mean like constantly spouting off in most threads about the same thing over and over? Honestly, this place needs a chill pill on talking about Derek Carr in general. I don't care how anyone feels about him one way or the other but the incessant permeation of DC talk in nearly every thread is ruining this place. I left the DC thread alone to let people do their thing there. The GDTs got heated about it but GDTs are always heated.

From now on, we're going to contain this stuff because its the same thing over and over.

Oh. And @ me next time if you wanna chat, my guy.

• Like 1