2020 Arizona Cardinals Off-Season

HoboRocket

24 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

For me, if Derrick Brown is sitting there, we have to take him. Huge need on this defense to have a stabilizing presence up front. After signing DJ Humphries, I would kind of like to trade back if Brown isn't there. 

That could make sense. Most of the values at OL, DB, OLB, and WR are later in the first or at the top of the second, like Austin Jackson, Josh Jones, Prince Tega-Wanogho, Trey Adams, Tyler Biadasz, Solomon Kindley, Trevon Diggs, CJ Henderson, K'Lavon Chaisson, Yetur Gross-Matos, and whichever WRs out of the top dozen that happen to be available at that point.

Derrick Brown, Corey Peters, and Zach Allen would be a nice front-three.

On 2/18/2020 at 10:52 PM, DirtyDez said:

We’re losing a home game in Mexico City.  I think they’ll pick us for Hard Knocks too.

I would bet that the niners are the team you play in mexico city. I believe we played there twice in the last 15 years. Both games we played last year were exciting. would be fun

• Like 1

more on mexico

The Cardinals played in the first NFL game to be played in Mexico City during the 2005 season and they’ll be back in the city during the 2020 season.
The team announced on Friday that they will be the home team for this year’s return to Estadio Azteca. The date of the game and the identity of the Cardinals’ opponent will be announced at some point in the future.

“Two years ago when the NFL awarded Super Bowl LVII to Arizona and State Farm Stadium, we understood the requirement of hosting an international game before 2023,” Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill said in a statement.

So when you are awarded the privilege of hosting a  Super bowl, it apparently comes with strings attached

• Like 1

Ultimately, I think the Cards could do better in a Mexico City game than most other teams. All of the Arizona pro sports teams play at the second-highest stadium elevations in the U.S. (behind only the Colorado franchises) at over 1,000 feet. So yes, while pretty much everyone will still suck at that ridiculous Estadio Azteca elevation, maybe they'll suck less than the opponent?

Also, all of our games are telecast in Spanish, and we have a massive following in Sonora as well as I'm the Arizona Latino Community. I've actually watched a few games. They have one of the fútbol broadcast teams, and the play-by-play guy is the same one that says "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!" every time someone scores. When the Cards score, he's like "TOUCHDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWNNNNN AR-I-ZONA!"

I love it.

Anyways, you have to figure that they'll do better than most other NFL franchises, at least on paper, in a Mexico home game.

• Like 1

Nothing but positivity for the Cardinals with players' Combine performances. The OL all showed out, and both Jeudy and Lamb looked excellent. Derrick Brown looked nice, as well. 

I'd love to grab one of Brandon Aiyuk or Eno Benjamin on day 2. Both are local products and fit KK's scheme really well. If not Benjamin, then I wouldn't mind JJ Taylor on day 3, he's a lot smoother on tape than he looked at midnight during Combine week.

So far, the team has met with Thomas, Wirfs, Becton, Brown, YGM, Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs as far as 1st-rounders go. I think Ruggs would be a little rich for me, especially with Andy Isabella on the roster, but the other guys all fit. I guess we can knock Wills off the list of potential picks for them? 

Also, 100% chance they go Aiyuk in the second if they don't go WR in the first and YGM doesn't slide to that spot.

18 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

So far, the team has met with Thomas, Wirfs, Becton, Brown, YGM, Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs as far as 1st-rounders go. I think Ruggs would be a little rich for me, especially with Andy Isabella on the roster, but the other guys all fit. I guess we can knock Wills off the list of potential picks for them? 

Also, 100% chance they go Aiyuk in the second if they don't go WR in the first and YGM doesn't slide to that spot.

I’d feel more comfortable with him 4-5 spots later but if Wirfs and Becton are gone he’s got to be in consideration.  If both are still there I wouldn’t know what to do.  Wirfs is elite and a perfect fit but Becton can swing better if/when DJ goes down.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 10:56 AM, HoboRocket said:

Forget Diggs, we got Nuk! Holy crap! My favorite player of all-time on the Cards! 

If you told me we got Diggs for the Houston deal I’d call you crazy yet we got the better player...  48 hrs ago I would’ve traded DJ and #8 for Hop and not thought twice about it.  As good as Lamb and Juedy look you take the top-3 proven guy.  Fitz was a 1k receiver into his mid-30’s and I expect much of the same.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

If you told me we got Diggs for the Houston deal I’d call you crazy yet we got the better player...  48 hrs ago I would’ve traded DJ and #8 for Hop and not thought twice about it.  As good as Lamb and Juedy look you take the top-3 proven guy.  Fitz was a 1k receiver into his mid-30’s and I expect much of the same.

I absolutely agree. Their games are similar, and translate very well into age. I think Nuk has anywhere from five to seven 1,000-yard seasons left. 

Cardinals Flight Plan is back! That's right, the Cardinals' best reality TV show (even better than All of Nothing 2015) is here and ready to view! Get a totally-not-scripted behind-the-scenes look at the Cardinals that manages to make even Steve Keim and Michael Bidwill look likeable! That's not all! This series also features excellent lighting and camera angles that allow us to see the players and executives in the most dramatic way possible! So sit back and enjoy the totally-authentic dramatization of the Cardinals off-season as they prepare for a deep playoff run!

But seriously. Watch it. This is an Emmy Award-Winning Docuseries. And the Season 3 premiere is excellent.

The Cardinals have some of the best media, honestly. We should have more fans.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 2:49 PM, DirtyDez said:

I wouldn’t rule out Derrick Brown quite yet. I’m #teamtrenches regardless of which side.  My issue is he looked fat and might be one of the guys who’s weight will always fluctuate.  

I'm watching him more and am ok with it even if I'm against a dline at 8. He dominated Florida.

• Like 1