2020 Arizona Cardinals Off-Season

HoboRocket

On 7/15/2020 at 1:20 AM, 11sanchez11 said:

like the rams chances of making the playoffs w/ kyler in the division for the next decade

McVay is a GD wizard though.  Goff was Josh Rosen his rookie year and turned him into a top-10 QB.  As long as they keep McVay they’ll be right there.

15 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

McVay is a GD wizard though.  Goff was Josh Rosen his rookie year and turned him into a top-10 QB.  As long as they keep McVay they’ll be right there.

Yeah, I mean we saw them transform from a team that pretty much ran every play out of various shotgun 11 personnel formations to a team that featured 12 personnel and a lot of plays under center. Their whole scheme changed. They were super west coast heavy before, changed that up, changed their running game to make an injured Gurley more effective, changed blocking scheme from heavy outside zone to more power/gap blocking to suit the strengths of an offensive line that was simultaneously inexperienced, aging, and battered. His scheme shifts allowed rookie RT Bobby Evans to SHUT DOWN Khalil Mack. 

It took McVay a while to finally abandon his own scheme, but once he did, the Rams ended up finishing the season with a top-10 offense.

Jared Goff still has issues seeing the football field, but he's one of the best pure passers in the NFL with a genius head coach.

I think Isaiah Simmons is going to work wonders at containing the Rams, though. Between Simmons and All-Pro Budda Baker, the middle of the field should pretty much be erased, and Goff LOVES the middle of the field, especially when there's pressure - hence the high production for Kupp, Woods when Kupp was injured, Gurley in the passing game, and Higbee/Everett last year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 9:21 AM, HoboRocket said:

I'm just psyched to have Eno.

He’s undersized and lacks the explosive athleticism to make up for it. Backs like that aren’t coveted. He’s very similar to Paul Perkins as a prospect (another PAC12 kid with exciting college tape who could never translate it to the NFL game). 

I’m confident Edmonds would operate as the lead back were Drake to go down. 

On 8/10/2020 at 12:08 AM, SaveOurSonics said:

He’s undersized and lacks the explosive athleticism to make up for it. Backs like that aren’t coveted. He’s very similar to Paul Perkins as a prospect (another PAC12 kid with exciting college tape who could never translate it to the NFL game). 

I’m confident Edmonds would operate as the lead back were Drake to go down. 

Oh, yeah, totally. Edmonds would definitely be the top back if Drake were injured.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 8:02 AM, DR43 said:

Why was Hakeem Butler released?  Seems a bit premature to me.  

Copied from my post in the news thread: Got hurt with a pretty minor injury but we liked our depth chart last year so we just IR’d him. From what I remember they said he has everything athletically but hands weren’t up to speed. Couldn’t jump Keesean Johnson or Andy Isabella then Trent Sheffield is a special teams ace. Made it tough for him to find a spot

It’s also telling how he hasn’t been picked up by anyone 

2 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Copied from my post in the news thread: Got hurt with a pretty minor injury but we liked our depth chart last year so we just IR’d him. From what I remember they said he has everything athletically but hands weren’t up to speed. Couldn’t jump Keesean Johnson or Andy Isabella then Trent Sheffield is a special teams ace. Made it tough for him to find a spot

It’s also telling how he hasn’t been picked up by anyone 

Yup, I'm very surprised nobody picked him up.  I thought he was a huge steal in last year's draft.  Maybe he was a massive reach?