6 Round Draft

Karnage84

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I have addressed this earlier. We can drop the 2021 2nd and exchange #39 for #56? (whatever their lower 2nd rounder is) to balance things out. I'm not going to redo the mock for now as it doesn't drastically change things. I'll probably use this as a basis for a more indepth off-season and adjust that then. You have to account for all elements of a trade, which would include the future SRP in the example with the Jets. Future picks tend to be valued at the next round below (2nd = 3rd; 3rd = 4th, etc.). QB premium tends to be in the 20% range. 

Your value was fine other than the 26/56 thing.  But there's also the fact that the deal with the Jets got done nearly a month prior to the draft.  There's a premium when you're securing a deal prior to the draft.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:59 PM, CWood21 said:

Your value was fine other than the 26/56 thing.  But there's also the fact that the deal with the Jets got done nearly a month prior to the draft.  There's a premium when you're securing a deal prior to the draft.

THe premium could go to either team though

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Absolutely true. It's common sense at this point.

I think the fan base is just really jaded. There's assumed negativity with everything Lions. Because we have the keystone pick in the draft, they just assume that the Lions can't get much for it and Quinn will mess things up. Just like all of the stuff towards the Lions and their practice methods at the Senior Bowl. "Patricia doesn't know what he's doing, laughing stock of the league, people can't properly assess prospects, etc." and then beat the Bengals by three scores. This isn't to suggest that the Lions are off to the SB next year because of what happened in the Senior Bowl. However, it's nice to see the narrative being turned on its head. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I think the fan base is just really jaded. There's assumed negativity with everything Lions. Because we have the keystone pick in the draft, they just assume that the Lions can't get much for it and Quinn will mess things up. Just like all of the stuff towards the Lions and their practice methods at the Senior Bowl. "Patricia doesn't know what he's doing, laughing stock of the league, people can't properly assess prospects, etc." and then beat the Bengals by three scores. This isn't to suggest that the Lions are off to the SB next year because of what happened in the Senior Bowl. However, it's nice to see the narrative being turned on its head. 

Without question.