Which Saints QB?

sammymvpknight

Which would you rather have if you are the Saints?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have if you are the Saints?

• Drew Brees for 2020-2021, $26 million/season
    • Teddy Bridgewater for 2020-2023, $20 million/season
    • Taysom Hill for 2020-2023, $12 million/season

On 1/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, Jlowe22 said:

I think Bridgewater is better than a number of current starters.  

Eh, perhaps a few of the younger guys, but that’s about it, and it’s not by much.

He protects the ball very well

I’ll give you that, but that’s mostly because he plays safe; And that’s fine if he’s on a good, talented team.  He’d be ok as the Saints’ starter, but I damn sure wouldn’t want him over Brees...

has shown ability to make great throws

So has most NFL qbs

He never had to do much during his stretch because the defense was holding teams to single digit points before garbage tjme.

Not buying that; There were some close games in there where he could have made more of an impact.

13 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Eh, perhaps a few of the younger guys, but that’s about it, and it’s not by much.

I’ll give you that, but that’s mostly because he plays safe; And that’s fine if he’s on a good, talented team.  He’d be ok as the Saints’ starter, but I damn sure wouldn’t want him over Brees...

So has most NFL qbs

Not buying that; There were some close games in there where he could have made more of an impact.

He wasn't Brees, but he was a good game manager who showed ability to open it up at times.  He won't ever carry a garbage team, thats not who he is. 

And while the Saints do have  talent, there are more problems with that offense than people think .  The oline destroyed drive after drive with holding calls in several games Teddy played, and there's no consistently reliable receiver after Michel Thomas on the team.  

I think Teddy has earned a chance to start with somebody, and with a full offseason of starter reps might turn out to be a reliable starter.