REDSKINS FAN TEAM ROSTER: What position did you play in JL/H.S/College,Pro, etc?

aceinthehouse

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

lol. "Only"?

From my time in Louisiana and here. Your size could make you an Offensive Lineman in any HS Ive seen. From what Ive seen while in America. You have HS offensive and defensive lines. 1 or 2 kids are monsters. And the rest all weigh 150. lol

I’m 180 now in fat dad mode.  When I ran track in HS I was 140.

• Like 1

Played saftey and CB. I was like 5-8” 150 I did get taller but a knee injury ended playing for me my sophomore year after two state title losses my first two years. I did get taller we actually took some visits after my freshman and sophomore years they all asked me how tall my dad was 😂😂😂 I’m currently 5-11 175. Always been lean with the boxing style workouts.

16 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

5’10”, 170 lbs

Never played football because I was too focused on basketball (point guard) and track (100, 200, 400, HJ and relays) growing up. But played WR and CB in pick-up/intramural games. 

What was your best 400 time?  I ran a 50.3.  I had a guy on my team that ran a 47 second 400, he was #1 in the state of VA and got a full ride to Georgia Tech.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What was your best 400 time?  I ran a 50.3.  I had a guy on my team that ran a 47 second 400, he was #1 in the state of VA and got a full ride to Georgia Tech.

My PR's in HS were:

400 - 49.0s

200 - 22.3s

100 - 10.7s

Went to the California CIF State Championships my varsity year but was nursing a hamstring injury from a couple weeks before and didn't place well.  Had a few local scholarship offers, but just decided to go to the school of my choice and be a full-time student.  Plus, I hated track lol.

I was pretty good friends with Shane Vereen as kids, who went to a rival HS (we went to the same Jr. HS and competed in various sports growing up).  He was always a bit faster than me, and obviously way more successful athletically, but I was always the better basketball player at least :D.

• Like 3

On 1/17/2020 at 5:53 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Thought it would be interesting to know who here actually played football.

So we will fill out a team roster (if possible) with those who played their actual positions.

We'll figure out an Offensive scheme, for what positions we fill out depending on the roster.

Same with Defense. It could be a 43 or 34. Could be a 3-3-5 base. We'll see...

Either way, please post the ACTUAL position(s) you played in Junior League, High School, College, Pros, etc.

And I will fill the roster here: ok 😃🏈💯

Just a little tidbit on me. I was the starting DE & Punter in H.S.  (I also played OLB,  but we traditionally ran a 43)We ran the Flexbone on offense. 

We were the Parkview Vikings, in Springfield, MO. (Green & Gold & White) This was many, many years ago. Lol

Anyways...I was pretty flexible as a player & where I played. So I'll be able to put myself on D-Line or LBer, depending what's most needed for this roster. For now, I'll put myself at OLB ( because of my size at that time) & P.

Please post your Height & Weight at the time you were in H.S. (if you can remember....lolol) This will make using scheme's for Offense & Defense much easier. Thank you!

So without further ado...

REDSKINS FAN TEAM ROSTER

Offense

QB=Thaiphoon (6'2" 185 lbs)

QB

RB=MikeT14 (6'1" 200 lbs)

RB

FB

FB

TE=Skinsin2013 (6'5" 230 lbs)

TE=PARROTHEAD (6'4" 220 lbs)

WR=MKnight82 (5'10" 180lbs)

WR

OT

OT

OG

OG

OC

OC

Defense

DE=Joshtradaymus (6'1" 280)

DE

DT

DT

NT

NT

OLB=Aceinthehouse (6'2" 185 lbs)

OLB

ILB

ILB

CB=HTTRDynasty (5'10" 170 lbs)

CB=ripsean21 (5'11" 175 lbs)

FS

FS

SS

SS

Special Teams

K

K

P=Aceinthehouse (6'2" 185 lbs)

P

KR=MKnight82 (5'10" 180lbs)

KR

PR=MKnight82 (5'10" 180lbs)

PR

Btw...it doesn't matter how good a player you were. All members here are welcome to be on this roster.

If you were a WR, but we're a backup?

That's cool! You will be on this roster. 👍😎

I played ILB in HS/College

6'0 220lbs

Edited by mike23md
  • Like 2

Back in the day I played High School Center and LB in a 5-2-4 defense that was in style as most QB’s couldn’t throw anyway. And punted but couldn’t and still can’t kick a field goal,  Also did my best with every cheerleader with a very high score ratio- but it was easy in the days of long hair, war and free love. In college played center. Back then I was a chemically free 6:3 235-  was considered big then but is a safety now lol. 

seeing some of the roster I’m going to be nicer to some of these younger and bigger brothers lol. 

and no cracks about qb’s brushing up against my crack- not that there’s anything wrong with that ( Seinfeld).   the only uses for “shotgun” were duck hunting, drinking a beer fast or getting the front passenger seat. 

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 10:59 AM, bigdog44 said:

6’2” 230

played DE and Center in High School

on various intramural and pick up leagues since then up until 2012 I was a MLB. 

I put you down for Center, bigdog.

I'll switch you to MLB, if we get some bigger O-line.

But Center generally, is the lightest of the 5. 

Edited by aceinthehouse

Ok, Bigdog & Doc are at Center for the time being.

Both are interchangeable to MLB, if we get some more O-line in here. But I'll leave them there for now.

Bigdog also can go DE if necessary.

Like to get more appropriate size per positions if possible, so I can make adjustments.

But right now, we're doing good just to fill out a roster.

But so far, so good.