Name your all time top 5 favorite road wins for your team.

TecmoSuperJoe

Probably missing a couple, but after a quick glance...

2017, Week 1 at New England (Kareem Hunt's breakout, huge statement win at the time)

2016, Week 12 at Denver (emotional roller coaster of a game, won on a doink field goal in OT)

2015, Week 10 at Denver (The Peyton benching game)

2015, Wildcard Round at Houston (30-0, Knile Davis KR TD, ended the playoff drought)

2002, Week 1 at Cleveland (Dwayne Rudd helmet removal game, literally the game that solidified me as a Chiefs fan)

HM: 2016, Week 13 at Atlanta (Eric Berry 2 point try return), 2016, Week 10 at Carolina (Marcus Peters last minute strip), 2013, Week 15 at Oakland (Jamaal Charles game, basically), 2018, Week 2 at Pittsburgh (this game was really the start of Mahomes's legend, 6 TD game to take out a team that owned us for years)

Might seem like recency bias, but honestly, we sucked for a pretty long stretch between the decline of Green/Holmes/Roaf on the Vermeil offenses, and the acquisition of Andy Reid. So like 2006 - 2012 is a whole lot that I'm fine forgetting. There's also the fact that our last noteworthy road playoff wins happened in 1993, and before that....1969, so yeah. And then most of the memorable Vermeil coached games were home games, so not much stands out for road games from 2003 - 2005, even though we were a good team. Maybe 2003 against the Packers, but eh. Same with anything recent under Mahomes, the home games have been bigger deals. If we had won the Rams shootout it'd be up there, but that's it for the last two years. So there's a lot of the Alex Smith led Chiefs up there, with just some interesting ways of winning games, emotional finishes, that kind of thing. The 2002 Browns game was the game that solidified me as a Chiefs fan, so it has to go up there. Houston was our first playoff win in 22 years, and a blowout at that, so that was huge. The others are really just emotionally memorable games. Peyton plagued us for years, so his last outing against us being like that was delightful. 2016 was filled with crazy finishes. Games we had no business winning but guys like Hill, Peters, and Berry were insanely clutch that year. And then it's just always fun to beat the Patriots.

• Like 1

The Falcons being the terrible franchise they are, don't have very many of these moments. In fact, most of these moments are only really relevant to me, and not the NFL at large. But I'll go on anyway.

1. 1998 NFC Championship Game @ Minnesota

This one needs no explanation.

2. 2017 NFC Wildcard Round @ Los Angeles

Matt Ryan's only road playoff win to date! I fully expected the Rams to just pick apart and destroy the Falcons... and it just didn't happen. I remember the Falcons being pretty heavy underdogs to Sean McVay's team too. Honestly the whole game felt like the Rams just didn't show up.

3. 2019 Week 10 @ New Orleans

This is a game that on paper, the Atlanta Falcons had absolutely no business being on the same field with the Saints. The Falcons had a bottom 3 defense at this point in the season, and the Saints couldn't score a single touchdown. The Saints all-world offensive line got completely manhandled by Grady Jarrett, and everything just fell apart for them. When the game ended, my reaction to this game was howling with laughter that this awful, horrible squad completely destroyed what most people thought was the best team in the NFL (at the time). Like, what looked like a bottom 3 team in the NFL just went to a top 3 team's building and completely trashed them. I was in hysterics post-game.

It also costs the Saints a first-round bye, which ended up being important down the road.

4. 2010 Week 3 @ New Orleans

Despite the 13-3 record, the 2010 Atlanta Falcons weren't a great team. I'm not even sure that they were a good team. They were just kind of average for most of the year with some great luck. But despite that, this game was a complete blast to watch, with a lot of great back and forth action, and the game ended up stealing the division away from the Saints so that's a plus. The ending is an all-time great one too.

5. 2014 Week 16 @ New Orleans

The Mike Smith era did not end with a bang, but with a whimper (which was usually how the season ended under Mike Smith) - several weeks later. But before that whimper happened, this game was awesome just because at least Mike Smith went out by sweeping the Saints.

HM: 2015 Week 3 @ Dallas. The Cowboys stunk that year and that was the first game after Romo was hurt, so they were basically screwed - so it's not a particularly impressive win. But man this was a fun one. But the Cowboys came out firing on all cylinders in the first half of the game, scoring touchdowns on each of their first four possessions. However, the defense tightened up and didn't allow another score for the rest of the game. The Falcons 2015 season was not a good one, and it was really frustrating - but this was one of those games that showcased what the offense could be like under Kyle Shanahan, if only the offense could get more consistent play going. Julio Jones went OFF in the 2nd half of this one.

Edited by Hukos

Not my favorite team, but one of the most impressive postseason runs on the road I've ever seen was Batlimore in 2012.  

That team was unbelievable.  They went to Mile High and took out the Orange Crush defense in Denver, then went to Foxboro and beat New England. 

They deserved to win the Super Bowl that year for the improbable odds they defied to get there.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Not my favorite team, but one of the most impressive postseason runs on the road I've ever seen was Batlimore in 2012.  

That team was unbelievable.  They went to Mile High and took out the Orange Crush defense in Denver, then went to Foxboro and beat New England. 

They deserved to win the Super Bowl that year for the improbable odds they defied to get there.  

Yeah as a Ravens fan those 2 are definitely top 3.

The other 3 in some order would probably be,

New England 2009 playoffs 33-14

Pittsburgh 2014 playoffs 26-14

Tennessee 2008 playoffs 13-10 

Too bad River City Relay and Minneapolis Miracle robbed us of two games deserving of being tops on this list.

Two of my favorite are @ Cowboys 2006 because it's always fun to blow out the Cowboys, and @ Bills 2017, which was the game Brees threw for 180 yards and zero TDs and we won 47-10.  Was also the game that ushered in the Nathan Peterman era.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hukos said:

4. 2010 Week 3 @ New Orleans

Despite the 13-3 record, the 2010 Atlanta Falcons weren't a great team. I'm not even sure that they were a good team. They were just kind of average for most of the year with some great luck. But despite that, this game was a complete blast to watch, with a lot of great back and forth action, and the game ended up stealing the division away from the Saints so that's a plus. The ending is an all-time great one too.

Isn't that the game Hartley missed a 20 yard field goal in overtime?

Guessing Superbowls don't count, so;

1. 2004 AFCCG @ Pittsburgh. They finished 15-1, on a 15 streak, best D in the league, they'd already beaten us that season. Mashed them.

2. 2018 AFCCG @ KC. Still don't know how we got out there with a win. The 3 straight 3rd and 10s is memorable

3. 2003 @ Colts. We got up 31-10, but Manning led them back and it was 38-34 to us. They had 4 attempts inside the 1 yard line at the end; stuffed all of them.

4. 2006 DIV @ SD. Shoulda taken a knee McCree

5. 2003 @ Broncos. Intentional safety game, down 26-23, TB leads a drive to a crazy 30-26 win. This game exemplified how important coaching is in football. If Belichick didn’t call for the intentional safety, the Patriots probably wouldn’t be in position to tie or win the game.

Edited by Hunter2_1

4 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Isn't that the game Hartley missed a 20 yard field goal in overtime?

Yes. It was a pretty wild game, in retrospect. If Hartley doesn't miss that kick, there's a huge chain of events that goes differently for the playoffs that year.