Jump to content
Suffering_Bills

Three rounds. Always updating.

Recommended Posts

I’d want Ruggs at 15 but I could definitely see Elway taking the Colorado kid and he hasn’t drafted a single Bama player in 9 drafts. Swift is hard to pass on in round 2 also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2020 at 2:31 AM, Suffering_Bills said:

Not exactly sure what you mean? This pick would be simply an Alexander replacement.

You would be loading a huge amount of cap space to 1 position generally that isn't considered one where you would do it normally assuming they also extend Milano. It could happen but it would be a step away from the norm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2020 at 5:15 AM, badgers0821 said:

This is one of the funniest posts I’ve read in a while, thanks for the laughs 👍🏻

Biadasz hasn't been good this year, and people are realising which is why he falling in mocks. A couple of months ag9 he was round 1 in every mock. Now more often than not he isnt

Edited by BigMountainGoat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Biadasz hasn't been good this year, and people are realising which is why he falling in mocks. A couple of months ag9 he was round 1 in every mock. Now more often than not he isnt

Let’s see it...

So players who “haven’t been good” win trophies as the best at their position, allow 5 total pressures, block 3 years for a 6,000+ yard rusher, are in most analysts top 30 players, and is continually mocked in the 20s by most. GTFOH

Edited by badgers0821

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the 1st round selection, but taking a RB in the 2nd round with the holes the Falcons have on defense? They need basically every position you can possibly get on defense as a need. One of the absolute worst secondaries in all of pro football, and they have a lot of free agents on defensive line leaving. To take a RB in that context would be outright criminal negligence.

Plus the Falcons run blocking is so bad that Swift wouldn't even have anything more than marginally better numbers than Freeman did. He's just gonna get hit for -3 yards in the backfield on every carry and then later on people are going to wonder why Swift is a bust in Atlanta. I just... what is the value of taking a RB when your offensive line can't run block? You have to be making holes for a running back to do anything. Do people really think Swift is that kind of dude that can break 10+ tackles in the backfield to get up to the 2nd and 3rd level every snap? Also the Falcons defense will likely be in the bottom 3rd of the NFL again (due to using their 2nd round pick on a RB), which means Matt Ryan will likely have somewhere around ~700 pass attempts, meaning Swift won't get very many touches.

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Your Miami draft is excellent

 

25 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Your Miami draft is excellent

They control this draft. Next one, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hukos said:

I like the 1st round selection, but taking a RB in the 2nd round with the holes the Falcons have on defense? They need basically every position you can possibly get on defense as a need. One of the absolute worst secondaries in all of pro football, and they have a lot of free agents on defensive line leaving. To take a RB in that context would be outright criminal negligence.

Plus the Falcons run blocking is so bad that Swift wouldn't even have anything more than marginally better numbers than Freeman did. He's just gonna get hit for -3 yards in the backfield on every carry and then later on people are going to wonder why Swift is a bust in Atlanta. I just... what is the value of taking a RB when your offensive line can't run block? You have to be making holes for a running back to do anything. Do people really think Swift is that kind of dude that can break 10+ tackles in the backfield to get up to the 2nd and 3rd level every snap? Also the Falcons defense will likely be in the bottom 3rd of the NFL again (due to using their 2nd round pick on a RB), which means Matt Ryan will likely have somewhere around ~700 pass attempts, meaning Swift won't get very many touches.

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

We'll see how things change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 11:12 AM, bigdog2372 said:

Prefer the trenches over Delpit in the first, but would take him in a pinch. I'd be really disappointed and surprised if we spent early draft capital on a QB.

FIFY a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

Let’s see it...

So players who “haven’t been good” win trophies as the best at their position, allow 5 total pressures, block 3 years for a 6,000+ yard rusher, are in most analysts top 30 players, and is continually mocked in the 20s by most. GTFOH

He has fallen down draft boards. And in most recent mocks HE ISN'T the 20s. Or the 1st round at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

You would be loading a huge amount of cap space to 1 position generally that isn't considered one where you would do it normally assuming they also extend Milano. It could happen but it would be a step away from the norm

Cap space, true, but spread out over different YEARS. That's the key difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 8:46 AM, Counselor said:

I’d want Ruggs at 15 but I could definitely see Elway taking the Colorado kid and he hasn’t drafted a single Bama player in 9 drafts. Swift is hard to pass on in round 2 also.

FIFY. B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 10:56 PM, Hukos said:

I like the 1st round selection, but taking a RB in the 2nd round with the holes the Falcons have on defense? They need basically every position you can possibly get on defense as a need. One of the absolute worst secondaries in all of pro football, and they have a lot of free agents on defensive line leaving. To take a RB in that context would be outright criminal negligence.

Plus the Falcons run blocking is so bad that Swift wouldn't even have anything more than marginally better numbers than Freeman did. He's just gonna get hit for -3 yards in the backfield on every carry and then later on people are going to wonder why Swift is a bust in Atlanta. I just... what is the value of taking a RB when your offensive line can't run block? You have to be making holes for a running back to do anything. Do people really think Swift is that kind of dude that can break 10+ tackles in the backfield to get up to the 2nd and 3rd level every snap? Also the Falcons defense will likely be in the bottom 3rd of the NFL again (due to using their 2nd round pick on a RB), which means Matt Ryan will likely have somewhere around ~700 pass attempts, meaning Swift won't get very many touches.

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

FIFY. B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×