SB Prediction: After much thought, it's gonna be Chiefs/Packers & here's why.

aceinthehouse

Just now, Jakuvious said:

You also said TEN is the best ToP team in the league and was top 10 under Tannehill.

They have been controlling the clock at a supreme basis lately. Stop looking at garbage time possessions like the Ravens last week. When it matters, they control the clock, and are damn good at it. 

@Jakuvious

Also have you watched the Titans games? Most of their games under Tannehil have been blowing teams out. Colts, Raiders, Jags, Second Texan Game, Raven Game. Blew them all to smithereens. The reason those teams all won ToP is because of garbage time possessions. 

The Titans are one of the best in football at controlling the clock, when it needs to be controlled. Stop box score scouting. Watch. Games. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They have been controlling the clock at a supreme basis lately. Stop looking at garbage time possessions like the Ravens last week. When it matters, they control the clock, and are damn good at it. 

32:15 - chargers
28:27 - Bucs
26:43 - Panthers
22:08 - Chiefs
23:04 - Jags
27:29 - Colts
29:12 - Raiders
28:40 - Texans
28:56 - Saints
28:21 - Texans

First half possessions  vs the Ravens: 

13:19 for the Titans, less than 50%, and the first half is most decidedly not "garbage time possession". 

I would argue against you on the TOP thing if only because the Titans have been big play juggernauts since Tannehill took over. Over 10 yards per attempt passing will tend to do that. For example, they had one scoring drive in the Ravens game that lasted 8 seconds. The points are by far more important, but things like that work against the TOP argument. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

32:15 - chargers
28:27 - Bucs
26:43 - Panthers
22:08 - Chiefs
23:04 - Jags
27:29 - Colts
29:12 - Raiders
28:40 - Texans
28:56 - Saints
28:21 - Texans

First half possessions  vs the Ravens: 

13:19 for the Titans, less than 50%, and the first half is most decidedly not "garbage time possession". 

I would argue against you on the TOP thing if only because the Titans have been big play juggernauts since Tannehill took over. Over 10 yards per attempt passing will tend to do that. For example, they had one scoring drive in the Ravens game that lasted 8 seconds. The points are by far more important, but things like that work against the TOP argument. 

See above post. When they need to go on long drives they do and have no problem doing it. If there gameplan is a long drive, they will execute. 

Obviously ToP statistics are extremely skewed because of 1) Quick Scores and 2) Garbage Time. Watching games is a much much more accurate measure of True ToP Measurment.

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hey, I see BS, I call it out. It's as simple as that. You lied, you won't admit it, I guess that is what it is. There's pretty definitely no point trying to discuss this with you.

And yes, to your last point, I've seen plenty of Titans games. Blowouts should lead to good TOP, not bad TOP, as the opposing team hurries and TEN tries to drag it out. They punted it back to Baltimore three straight times to end that game. They had 4 punts and an INT in the second half against New England (one was an excellent 8 minute TOP drive, I'll give them that one.) Even something easier like week 12 against JAX, they had a ton of short 3 to 5 play drives in the second half after they built the lead. They had one drive against us longer than 6 plays all game. This is you seeing the fact that they have a big back, and thinking it's Jerome Bettis going on long, 4 yards every rush, type drives. It's not. They've been a big play offense, for much of the late season, and they've actually regularly punted the ball back to opponents in the late 3rd and 4th, their D just locks them down again. Baltimore and New England got so many chances, their offense's just couldn't do anything.

Last post I'm making here to you, though, because I just can't trust your honesty on this subject.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Hey, I see BS, I call it out. It's as simple as that. You lied, you won't admit it, I guess that is what it is. There's pretty definitely no point trying to discuss this with you.

Lied? I don’t box score scout and never once said I used actual time statistics. I watch games and see who is dominating clock management. ToP numbers are the biggest skewed numbers there are due to quick strikes and garbage time. Titans control the clock better than almost anyone if you sit down and watch the entire full games. Yet you are probably sitting comfy watching your full Chief games, Redzone/Highlights, and bringing up Box Scores on ESPN.com. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Lied? I don’t box score scout and never once said I used actual time statistics. I watch games and see who is dominating clock management. ToP numbers are the biggest skewed numbers there are due to quick strikes and garbage time. Titans control the clock better than almost anyone if you sit down and watch the entire full games. Yet you are probably sitting comfy watching your full Chief games, Redzone/Highlights, and bringing up Box Scores on ESPN.com. 

You're so full of it lol 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t understand why this even matters? KC scoring in one minute and Titans answering with a 7 minute TD drive makes the score 7-7. Plus it wears KCs defense into the ground. Titans are the best ToP team in the NFL. Chiefs might only get 6 drives the entire game. 

Very true that time of possession can wear down a defense.  

But, if Tennessee keeps the ball for that much time just to put 7 points on the board, Kansas City will respond with 14 or 21 in half that time.  

Just think about that.  This is an offense that scored 7 TDs in just three quarters.  

This is a historically great offense.

They don't even need all four quarters to respond to Tennessee's time of possession.  

Edited by RamblinMan99

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I mean, this makes it seem an awful lot like you were trying to use actual statistics

50 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

For the record, the Titans were 30th in the NFL in time of possession this year. We had 12 offensive possessions against them in game 1.

49 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They were 32nd with Mariota, but you sort it from Tannehils first start they are Top 10. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

We are watching football games. I watch all of them. 6-7 full ones per week and the rest 60 minutes condensed. 

Right. I still don't understand what we're sorting, then. Football games? I suppose we could do that, but we'd need a clear thing to sort them by. Maybe by a statistic. Like time of possession?

This is one of those things where I need to look in Derrick Henry's eyes to see how good the Titans are at time of possession, isn't it?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Right. I still don't understand what we're sorting, then. Football games? I suppose we could do that, but we'd need a clear thing to sort them by. Maybe by a statistic. Like time of possession?

This is one of those things where I need to look in Derrick Henry's eyes to see how good the Titans are at time of possession, isn't it?

Frank Clark will get to look into his eyes on Sunday. 

I’m not saying I am any means I am confident Titans will win, Chiefs should be the favorites 100%, but this IMO is not going to be a blowout like most Chief fans are predicting. 

Are you going Chiefs -7 (basically all Chief fans and 63% of the public) or Titans +7 1/2?

6 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Anyways, it's gonna be Kansas City Chiefs vs Green Bay Packers for Super Bowl 54.

That's right, Ace in the Hole, you Da Man, baby, love your predictions! Brass onions, there!

AND, I predict that Fred Arbanas will have a big game, MAX MCGEE will however score 2 touchdowns although hungover out of his mind, and the GREEN BAY PACKAS and Vince Lombardi will thrash the Kansas City Chiefs and Hank Stram!

(Gosh! Think about it- it almost became The Stram Trophy!! :x)

Image result for Super Bowl I Packers defeat chiefsImage result for max mcgee super bowl 1 catch
Edited by bzane