Mock no trades January 2020 with explanations

ragingraider

5. QB Tua Tagovailoa-Dolphins
18. OT Mekhi Beckton-Dolphins
26. RB D'Andre Swift-Dolphins

The first two picks of the Dolphins I think are spot on.  The Third one, while it looks good on paper I think would be either Yetur Gross-Matos or Tyler Biadasz.  We should be able to pick up the RB in Round 2 or 3. 

Personally I would prefer that the Dolphins pass on Tua and rebuild the O-Line and D-line this year and then go for Lawrence next year.  But this is not about what I would like to see happen.  This is about what we think the Dolphins will do.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 10:54 AM, ragingraider said:

8. OT Tristan Wirfs-Cardinals

Perfect fit for need. Dominant RT for a left handed QB. They need a WR, but a blindside protector for your franchise QB is the right pick. WR is deep they have to assume they can address it in the second round.

Kyler is right handed

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 11:26 AM, m haynes said:

Good player, however its a waste to pick a WR in the 1st round if you can't pass block. Pats OL is terrible. Also you can get a WR later in this draft. Cannon old, Thuney gone, Andrews will never play again. He's hoping but way to dangerous to risk your life. We have only 2 Ol worth a damn and one might be out of position and one (maybe injury) play has dropped.  IMO Skill players are useless if you don't have a good OL.  Perfect example Browns.

I agree a wasted pick, even if the Oline was patched up, they still have to have some to throw the ball to him