Jump to content
Dolphinmeister

If Miami does secure the #1, Who?

Recommended Posts

O.K not worried a whole bunch here about if they should or should not and what would or would be a good price, this thread is if Miami by what ever means ended up with the # 1 pick in the draft this year who would you want that pick to be.

I think Burrow is the only guy that is worth the trade up, I am  saying this guy is a franchise player and he is the only one I think is worth moving up to get ,I feel he has everything on and off of the field to be an elite QB in the NFL for years to come even when his legs start to age and he loses a step in running ability he will still be standing tall in the pocket throwing TD passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is sounding like Burrow is not excited about being a Bengal, if Cincy was to pass on Burrow I would want Miami to go all out for him at Number 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2020 at 6:25 PM, Dolphinmeister said:

It is sounding like Burrow is not excited about being a Bengal, if Cincy was to pass on Burrow I would want Miami to go all out for him at Number 2.

I haven't seen that yet, and it would sort of shock me, given that he's from that area.  The only thing I saw was Tua's Dad saying that he was hoping Miami would trade up to 3 and take Tua.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want us to get Tua.  Don't know if we have to trade up to 3 or 2 to get him.  Then we need to use a bunch of picks on the o-line.  Tua is injury prone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/29/2020 at 1:35 AM, Deadeye said:

I want us to get Tua.  Don't know if we have to trade up to 3 or 2 to get him.  Then we need to use a bunch of picks on the o-line.  Tua is injury prone.

I want us to draft Tua as well, but with his hip injury being what it is, I wouldn’t give up much more than a 2nd round pick to move up for him.  We are sitting good at 5 with a lot of team needs.  If we can’t come to a reasonable agreement with Detroit then we should just look to either draft Herbert at 5 or go with an OT to prepare for drafting Fields or Lawrence in 2021.  I really want Tua but even more so I don’t want us to overpay for ANY player with adequate injury risks.  
 

The more I learn about Tua’s hip the more I believe he will be available at 5.  I think it’s very likely a team could leapfrog us and draft Herbert instead of Tua.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/29/2020 at 6:35 AM, Deadeye said:

I want us to get Tua.  Don't know if we have to trade up to 3 or 2 to get him.  Then we need to use a bunch of picks on the o-line.  Tua is injury prone.

It all depends if someone thinks that Tua is generational or has the chance to be a potential OROY cause I don't know why you would pick someone who might not be able to play a full season in the first 4 when so much more talent in available. 

Tua wants to go to Miami and he's also one of those players who are like "okay I can sit for a year", no brainer for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 8:24 PM, Drained said:

It all depends if someone thinks that Tua is generational or has the chance to be a potential OROY cause I don't know why you would pick someone who might not be able to play a full season in the first 4 when so much more talent in available. 

Tua wants to go to Miami and he's also one of those players who are like "okay I can sit for a year", no brainer for me.

I agree....I’ll just add that it is extremely unlikely that Tua will be OROY since he probably wouldn’t even be medically cleared to play until November or December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...