The Championship games are here!

vike daddy

The relatively healthy Packers have made a late addition to their injury report for the NFC Championship Game. Packers punter JK Scott was added to the injury report today with an illness. He is now listed as questionable.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/18/packers-punter-jk-scott-added-to-injury-report-with-illness/

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has at least two touchdown passes in each of his last six postseason games. If he makes it seven tomorrow in San Francisco, he’ll have 40 postseason touchdown passes in his career. That would make him part of a select group: Rodgers, who currently has 38 career touchdown passes in the playoffs in his career, would be just the fifth passer in postseason history with 40 touchdown passes.

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady owns the all-time record, and no one is close: Brady has thrown 73 postseason touchdowns, and no other quarterback in NFL history even has 50. Joe Montana is second in NFL history with 45 postseason touchdown passes, followed by Brett Favre with 44 and Peyton Manning with 40. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/18/aaron-rodgers-seeking-to-become-fifth-qb-with-40-postseason-touchdowns/

Edited by vike daddy

Pulling for Rodgers to make it to the Super Bowl.  Really not a fan of this 49ers team.

On the AFC side, I'm torn.  The classic underdog story of the Titans has an appeal I cannot deny.  However, I've become a big fan of Mahomes and I would love to see him (and Reid) win a ring.

I gotta say, though, that no one is looking for a Chiefs-Packers Super Bowl more than Mr. Gabriel.

45396.jpg

Honestly the Packers making the Superbowl would make me really wonder.  That franchise seems to get "special" treatment from the NFL. Before the season started I heard someone say the NFL would rig the 100th year season and have a Packers vs Chiefs rematch from Superbowl #1 all setup.  At the time I laughed.  I was laughing right up until they beat Seattle last weekend.  Something doesnt smell right.  I watch as many games as I can (all teams) and the Packers roster isn't good.  They're average with a good QB and 1 WR.  That's not a Superbowl team, nor is it even a playoff team really in my opinion. 

I'm at a crossroads right now because if that Superbowl matchup happens I think I have to pass.  I've seen most of the best teams play this season and playoffs.  I have my opinion on who the best team is this season and thats that really.  The Superbowl is a fluke with the one and done 6 team per conference format anyhow.   I am obviously rooting hard for a Titans vs 49ers bowl.  That's a football game I want to watch.  The other option is a media nightmare that I would have to avoid. 

Top 4 Rosters this season -

#1 Baltimore

#2 Minnesota 

#3 San Francisco 

#4 New Orleans

** big gap between the next batch of teams

Edited by Viking Penguin

Vike Daddy!  

Of course I want to see the Packers lose, even if I'm not a real 49ers supporter per se.  I like Shannahan and John Lynch and hope the best for them though.

Like Frank Moore said above, the Titans (and especially Tannehill) have a compelling underdog story that makes me want to root for them, but I respect the Chiefs and how they have gone from just about what Minnesota currently is to the stratosphere with a bold move on a talented young QB.  I root for them in hopes that we can see that's the better route to go for the future.  Seeing a run heavy, defensive minded team win out would only strengthen Zimmer's narrative of the same.  And I personally want that narrative taken out back and shot.

• Like 3

Packers getting pounded AGAIN in Santa Clara. Makes me further question why Vikings fans were so disheartened by last week's loss. That game was basically the NFCCG. The Vikings were much more competitive and if they had the O-Line to match the Niners they would've been headed to the Super Bowl.

• Like 2