The Championship games are here!

vike daddy

I was actually thinking more about the Chiefs when I wrote that.  Yeah, that SF defense is certainly what Zimmer imagines for us.  We were there for a brief period.  As much as I don't think Cousins is the guy to win a championship in Minnesota, it would have been nice to have this current offense with the defense we had a couple of years ago.  That's basically what the 49ers are now.

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Would it be similar to Brees?

I’m not even sure it would finish there. Breed is setting all time records at the end of his career. Rodgers is almost devolving as a QB. He’s becoming Brett Favre, ironically enough. While Rodgers takes much better care of the football, he doesn’t seem to be able to do much unless he’s ad-libbing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m not even sure it would finish there. Breed is setting all time records at the end of his career. Rodgers is almost devolving as a QB. He’s becoming Brett Favre, ironically enough. While Rodgers takes much better care of the football, he doesn’t seem to be able to do much unless he’s ad-libbing. 

ehhh the 8 straight playoff seasons is an undervalued part of Rodger's career.  Brees may be setting all time records, but he's had 4 losing seasons since the Saints won the super bowl. Rodgers 2, with 1 being an injury year.  Brees/Rodgers is definitely an interesting conversation, but the gaudy numbers from Brees haven't amounted to as many wins.  

4 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

Packers getting pounded AGAIN in Santa Clara. Makes me further question why Vikings fans were so disheartened by last week's loss. That game was basically the NFCCG. The Vikings were much more competitive and if they had the O-Line to match the Niners they would've been headed to the Super Bowl.

I actually said that on the 49er podcast. I was more worried about the Vikings than I was either of the Seahawks / Packers for the conference championship. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If Aaron Rodgers doesn’t make it to another Super Bowl, it’ll be curious as to where his legacy will land. 

Hard to say. Young only had one. Honestly, very similar. You could argue that Rodgers was the most talented quarterback of this generation, and you could say the same about Young in the early / mid 90's, as he was putting up efficiency numbers that were unheard of. They were both just the hyper efficient quarterback gods of their generations. The difference will largely be in the amount of time that they played - Young ostensibly started 111 games for the 49ers as their true starter (not filling in random weeks for Joe), which is only 7 seasons, really. Basically 91 - 98. Rodgers meanwhile has started 174. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Rodgers doesn't throw INT's like Favre did.  He fumbles and takes sacks instead! 

giphy.gif

Then again, did anyone else notice that he threw TWO interceptions in yesterday's playoff game?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Unless the Chiefs are masters at stopping the run, I think the 49ers pound them into the ground just like MN and GB.

I haven't seen a team commit such abuse in back to back playoff games like that before. 

'85 Bears.  This year's 49ers defense isn't on that level, but what they have done is pretty impressive.  This should be a Super Bowl matchup for the ages.  I could see either team winning it.