New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

46 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I freaking hope so. I’ll be a happy Raider fan. Trade trade trade the below average game manager then the cult can go with him and celebrate mediocrity 

There's no cult. 

How is it so hard to understand that there are fans of the same team that don't see the qb as the problem?

The ad hominem and hyperbole is just ridiculous.

These last 3 or 4 pages have been a microcosm of the thread.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Carr has declined in every category except his 70% dump off completion percentage.

Actually his yards have gone up. His Ints are about the same. His QB rating is very high as well. Only thing down is his TDS. It’s a very big thing but you’d think with those many yards a few guys would have broke a few more TDS. 

45 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Carr has declined in every category except his 70% dump off completion percentage.

His YPA was a career-high. His passer rating, which weighs all relevant passer metrics was a career-high. I'm just stating numbers. I don't attach huge value to any of these #'s, which is why I respect some degree of disagreement based on "the eye test".

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

There's no cult. 

How is it so hard to understand that there are fans of the same team that don't see the qb as the problem?

If he isnt a problem why would be looking to move on. That doesn't make sense. It's the hardest position to fill. But people who believe in Carr is telling people he is more than he us but we looking to fill it with a rookie or an old dude or somebody who hasnt had that much success either. It makes no sense. At some point you cant just keep saying its rumors when our beat writers are starting to report it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

If he isnt a problem why would be looking to move on. That doesn't make sense. It's the hardest position to fill. But people who believe in Carr is telling people he is more than he us but we looking to fill it with a rookie or an old dude or somebody who hasnt had that much success either. It makes no sense. At some point you cant just keep saying its rumors when our beat writers are starting to report it. 

Remember #opinion 

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

There's no cult. 

The people who don’t see the problem is Carr don’t look at other teams and keep making excuses. Other QBs constantly have so much less than Carr and perform at a way higher level. 

Top 3 OL, Top 7 RB, Top 5 TE, Great 2nd TE, Two solid WRs. How many QBs would KILL for this?

But no, Carr fans still make excuses. “He needs a #1 WR!!!” There is maybe 10 or 11 true #1’s in the NFL at any given time. 

So you’re tellin me Carr needs a rare #1, a solid #2, solid #3, Top 5 TE, Great 2nd TE, Top 7 RB, and a Top 2-3 Offensive Line? What. The. ****

Unbelievable. Just absolutely mind blowing to me. 

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

#Opinion lol

Hypothetically!!! What would Trading Carr land us? What are the top teams interested.

Im beginning to think he’d definitely get us more than the 3rd I thought he could a few weeks ago.  I’m starting to think he’d fetch a top 45 pick.

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Hypothetically!!! What would Trading Carr land us? What are the top teams interested.

Im beginning to think he’d definitely get us more than the 3rd I thought he could a few weeks ago.  I’m starting to think he’d fetch a top 45 pick.

He’d absolutely fetch an early 2nd Rounder. Carr is not terrible. He can even be a Top 14-16 middle of the pack type QB in the complete right situation (Colt, best OL in the NFL, good weapons, quick read system, dome). 

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I've always said a 2nd round that's usually what happens if a team misses out on a top QB early the be willing to trade their 2nd if possible.

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The people who don’t see the problem is Carr don’t look at other teams and keep making excuses. Other QBs constantly have so much less than Carr and perform at a way higher level. 

Top 3 OL, Top 7 RB, Top 5 TE, Great 2nd TE, Two solid WRs. How many QBs would KILL for this?

But no, Carr fans still make excuses. “He needs a #1 WR!!!” There is maybe 10 or 11 true #1’s in the NFL at any given time. 

So you’re tellin me Carr needs a rare #1, a solid #2, solid #3, Top 5 TE, Great 2nd TE, Top 7 RB, and a Top 2-3 Offensive Line? What. The. ****

Unbelievable. Just absolutely mind blowing to me. 

And how consistent where those weapons? How many games did his top 3 offensive line start together? How many games did he have all the WRs healthy? Did his Star RB finish the season? His TE had career numbers with Carr it wasn’t like he was held back. Didn’t he also lose his back up TE too? How the hell is anyone supposed to use those “weapons” on the sideline?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

And how consistent where those weapons? How many games did his top 3 offensive line start together? How many games did he have all the WRs healthy? Did his Star RB finish the season? His TE had career numbers with Carr it wasn’t like he was held back. Didn’t he also lose his back up TE too? How the hell is anyone supposed to use those “weapons” on the sideline?

It’s easier to ignore this context you provided. It doesn’t fit the narrative.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Dude. Listen to yourself. How many QBs get any of that....? How many lines start all their games together? It’s just so over-the-top defending Carr it IS cult-like.