New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

We beat the Chargers, Bears, and Broncos this season.  All top 12 defenses this season.  His accuracy against the Broncos in week 1 was crazy.  He put on a clinic that game.  Two completely healthy teams going into week one and he dominated that game.

The defense won the first charger game lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Why can't he do that every week?

Football is a team sport that requires good coaching.  Coaching failures, injuries, scheme mismatches, preparation, poor play from position(s), so on and so forth.  I don't know if this is a real question to be honest or just you showing your frustration.  I think he played pretty good on a team that barely anyone was expecting to do much of anything.  Pretty sure we all remember the experts predicting we'd win 3-5 games this season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The defense won the first charger game lol

I pulled his stats and am really impressed with most of them.  The two KC games and the NY Jets games were atrocious.  I think he did really well this season.  His completion percentage is really impressive.  I think when you take into account the T. Williams injury, Jacobs injury, H. Renfrow's injury, and F. Moreau being lost for the season, he really did well overall.  Looking back, I'm optimistic he will be even better next season with an added weapon or two.

3 hours ago, Rolni said:

Would Carr look like this with K.Shannahan?

Would he look like a franchise guy with A.Reid?

Would Mahomes look great under J.Gruden?

You gotta be able to move in Shanahans offense and throw down the field. Two things Carr isnt great at.

All of Andy Reids QBs have been athletic as well. Even Alex Smith.

Im sure they both could make him look better than he is, but at the end of the day Carr is a limited player. Not overly talented.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Football is a team sport that requires good coaching.  Coaching failures, injuries, scheme mismatches, preparation, poor play from position(s), so on and so forth.  I don't know if this is a real question to be honest or just you showing your frustration.  I think he played pretty good on a team that barely anyone was expecting to do much of anything.  Pretty sure we all remember the experts predicting we'd win 3-5 games this season.

I understand variables you listed play a part. However, I find it hard to believe those variables were the cause of this for 15 games.

2 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I understand variables you listed play a part. However, I find it hard to believe those variables were the cause of this for 15 games.

https://www.google.com/search?q=derek carr stats&cad=h

Which games are you referencing?  You said 15, I pointed out that he was the QB against 3 top 12 defenses and we won those games.  I already pointed out the KC and NYJ games as being atrocious, that's still 13 good/great games he played this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

What apart from the 90 odd yard game winning drive you mean 😉

Good performance by both offence and defence IMHO

Lol come on offense only managed a fg until the end of the 2nd qtr. defense got just as many tds as carr lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

We beat the Chargers, Bears, and Broncos this season.  All top 12 defenses this season.  His accuracy against the Broncos in week 1 was crazy.  He put on a clinic that game.  Two completely healthy teams going into week one and he dominated that game.

This is what I'm talking about. That's 1 game out of 16. What happened in the other 15?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol come on offense only managed a fg until the end of the 2nd qtr. defense got just as many tds as carr lol

But he created the score when it counted, when the chips were down and we needed to march the length of the field we did, as a team. I thought as a coach you might appreciate that, obviously not 😁  

People mistake Carr being a good quarterback with being inconsistent.

There’s plenty of games that Carr completed 10-15 passes in the row.

You can see them driving the team to 90+ yards, overcoming penalties to score.

There’s about 20 plays in the whole season that left everyone dumbfounded.

Those are  correctable mistakes with time and coaching.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

People mistake Carr being a good quarterback with being inconsistent.

There’s plenty of games that Carr completed 10-15 passes in the row.

You can see them driving the team to 90+ yards, overcoming penalties to score.

There’s about 20 plays in the whole season that left everyone dumbfounded.

Those are  correctable mistakes with time and coaching.

Great point, those few plays were perplexing for all of us and rightfully criticised. 

• Like 1