New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

38 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

But he created the score when it counted, when the chips were down and we needed to march the length of the field we did, as a team. I thought as a coach you might appreciate that, obviously not 😁  

I appreciate it but I’d appreciate consistency also. I have one kid on my team who reminds me of carr. He’s had one awesome year and 3 meh years. Never had any qb competition so he’s been the guy unless he got injured. 

his inconsistency was starting to piss the offense off cause he

-would lock on to one guy (rb or slot)

-plays scared in the pocket ( doesn’t like to get hit)

-makes bonehead plays putting the defense in bad positions

-blames everyone except himself even when we show him film of open guys the day after 

hes a head case tho so I have to be delicate dealing with him. Well he had issues and had to sit a game and our backup qb / rb/ wr aka qb1 fav target started (who has less arm talent) and we put up 40 points vs a good team when we usually only average about 21. Wrs got action and scored at will. Team rallied around qb2 and we looked like a juggernaut.

instead of Embracing the challenge qb1 melted. Threatened to quit if he didn’t get his spot back. Lucky qb2 dad begged to put him back a wr. 

qb1 sucked for the rest of the season but defense won us games including the championship 16-8 final score 

this year a new hot shot qb transferred to the school and it’s going to get interesting.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

This is what I'm talking about. That's 1 game out of 16. What happened in the other 15?

Game
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

12/29
@ Broncos

12/22
@ Chargers

12/15
vs Jaguars

12/8
vs Titans

12/1
@ Chiefs

11/24
@ Jets

11/17
vs Bengals

11/7
vs Chargers

11/3
vs Lions

10/27
@ Texans

10/20
@ Packers

10/6
vs Bears

9/29
@ Colts

9/22
@ Vikings

9/15
vs Chiefs

9/9
vs Broncos

Regular Season

His YPA this season was 7.9.  So I don't really know what you want me to point out with these games.  His worst games were against KC and the NYJ, followed by the Colts game (189 passing yards), and the games where he didn't score any TDs.  We should've won the Jaguars game and a PAT at the end of the broncos game would've sent us into overtime, staring at a possible 9-7 record.  I don't really care to argue I'm just pointing out the simple stats.  You look at the games we lost and you see that our defense didn't create pressure, didn't create turnovers, nothing.  So as you can see by the regular season stats, he completed 70 percent of his passes for 4,000 yards, 21 TDs (could've used AB here (sadly)), and 8 INTs, with a passer rating over 100 (1 of like 10 full-time QBs to do so this season).

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I appreciate it but I’d appreciate consistency also. I have one kid on my team who reminds me of carr. He’s had one awesome year and 3 meh years. Never had any qb competition so he’s been the guy unless he got injured. 

-blames everyone except himself even when we show him film of open guys the day after 

hes a head case tho so I have to be delicate dealing with him. Well he had issues and had to sit a game and our backup qb / rb/ wr aka qb1 fav target started (who has less arm talent) and we put up 40 points vs a good team when we usually only average about 21. Wrs got action and scored at will. Team rallied around qb2 and we looked like a juggernaut.

instead of Embracing the challenge qb1 melted. Threatened to quit if he didn’t get his spot back. Lucky qb2 dad begged to put him back a wr. 

qb1 sucked for the rest of the season but defense won us games including the championship 16-8 final score 

this year a new hot shot qb transferred to the school and it’s going to get interesting.

It's difficult as a coach especially when you're not blessed with great numbers or the pick of the crop and can't afford to lose many players. 

Looks like you have a bit of a dilemma! :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Football is a team sport that requires good coaching.  Coaching failures, injuries, scheme mismatches, preparation, poor play from position(s), so on and so forth.  I don't know if this is a real question to be honest or just you showing your frustration.  I think he played pretty good on a team that barely anyone was expecting to do much of anything.  Pretty sure we all remember the experts predicting we'd win 3-5 games this season.

Actually your wong people were predicting 7-9, 8-8  someone brought up the old thread.

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

It's difficult as a coach especially when you're not blessed with great numbers or the pick of the crop and can't afford to lose many players. 

Looks like you have a bit of a dilemma! :) 

Politics also and this whole sensitive kid era don’t help. Back in my days It was way different. I didn’t even know what being sensitive meant lol

• Like 1

Just now, raidr4life said:

Actually your wong people were predicting 7-9, 8-8  someone brought up the old thread.

I'm not talking about Raiders fans lol.  I'm talking about football analysts.  People on NFL network and on a handful of websites like Sports Illustrated.  I think you're under the influence of substances.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'm not talking about Raiders fans lol.  I'm talking about football analysts.  People on NFL network and on a handful of websites like Sports Illustrated.  I think you're under the influence of substances.

Our Over/Under was 6.5 according to Vegas. Ignore the talking media heads. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Even then people where saying that they would get those records with AB on the team. Without him it was a game or two less. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 1:17 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr just did an interview and it sounds like he is starting to crack when it comes to his job.  The way he answers the questions would start to irritate me if I had to spend time with someone talking like that.  Like your QB who seems to lack the ability to lead.  Carr does not say anything over the top but I would rather the leader of my team to handle it differently.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/derek-carr-growing-weary-raiders-044145295.html

Listening to Simms talk about Gruden at practice is great also and what they say about Carr is an issue if they are getting information from people within the organization.

Edited by drfrey13

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Carr just did an interview and it sounds like he is starting to crack when it comes to his job.  The way he answers the questions would start to irritate me if I had to spend time with someone talking like that.  Like your QB who seems to lack the ability to lead.  Carr does not say anything over the top but I would rather the leader of my team to handle it differently.

Beta. Male.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Beta. Male.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Listening to Simms talk about Gruden at practice is great also and what they say about Carr is an issue if they are getting information from people within the organization.

It is like Carr doesn't understand how pro sports work. It is a business. Very concerning reading these quotes.

I'm sure other players think like this but it hardly makes it to the media. Why wouldn't Mark talk to Brady?!? It's Tom freaking Brady Lord of the rings

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

Derek Carr quote:

"I mean, there was a lot of quarterbacks at that fight," Carr said with a laugh of the Conor McGregor-Donald Cerrone bout when speaking to ESPN. "And there was a lot of football players at that fight that are free agents. And it's like, every time, with my job, it's always a story. No matter what. And knowing some people that were around, I even know what the conversation was [between Davis and Brady], and it's like, 'C'mon, man, when's it going to end?'"

Does this mean Carr heard from people that Davis/Brady were talking about Bradys future, Raiders situation, etc? “Knowing some people that were around” and “knowing what the conversation was” is VERY interesting. 

Someone wanna explain to me how we lost 40-9 to the Chiefs when Patrick Mahomes had the worst game of his career? 15-29, 51% COMP, 6.0 YPA, 179 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT. By far the worst game of his football career.

And Jacobs averaged 5.3 YPC and over 100 yards.

I'll tell you... Derek, f***ing Carr. 71 QB Rating, 0-9 vs Chiefs on Non Thursdays, 2 INTs, and 93 total yards traveled through the air out of his 225 passing yards. There was also zero dropped balls by the Raiders.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2