New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Someone wanna explain to me how we lost 40-9 to the Chiefs when Patrick Mahomes had the worst game of his career? 15-29, 51% COMP, 6.0 YPA, 179 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT. By far the worst game of his football career.

And Jacobs averaged 5.3 YPC and over 100 yards.

I'll tell you... Derek, f***ing Carr. 71 QB Rating, 0-9 vs Chiefs on Non Thursdays, 2 INTs, and 93 total yards traveled through the air out of his 225 passing yards. There was also zero dropped balls by the Raiders.

Because the Chiefs are a much better all round team as evidenced by their progress to the Superbowl. 

TBH you are becoming quite unbearable in this forum, we get it, you dislike Carr. You want to move on, it's your prerogative but its getting really repetitive and I dont think im the only one who's fed up reading the same things over and over.

• Like 3

Just now, Darbsk said:

Because the Chiefs are a much better all round team as evidenced by their progress to the Superbowl. 

TBH you are becoming quite unbearable in this forum, we get it, you dislike Carr. You want to move on, it's your prerogative but its getting really repetitive and I dont think im the only one who's fed up reading the same things over and over.

And I’ve read the absolute unbearable excuses for 3 years in a row. We got blown out in that game because of Derek Carr. I’m also reading the same things, over, and over, and over, and over again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Sometimes when having conversation with others, you must understand some are similar to a brick wall.  

Edited by Totty

20 minutes ago, Totty said:

Sometimes when having conversation with others, you must understand some are similar to a brick wall.  

Interesting, because I was all aboard the Carr train again mid season when he was throwing down field and winning football games. Wrote several defending posts for Carr and several nice write ups. Short lived though cause he reverted right back to the most conservative QB in the league, which is the way he played for 75% of the season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I'd be down if it was a straight up trade of Carr for the 13th pick. 3 1sts in a loaded draft would be huge.

Carr is a perfect fit on the Colts. Top 3 OL, easy reads, great play calling, solid WRs, etc. He could thrive there as a Top 15 QB. I don’t think Carrs trade value is as low as people think. Colts are trying to move on from Jacoby who was absolutely miserable this year (much worse than Carr) and if they feel Carr is their guy, Pick 13 is a reasonable price. 

3 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Ummm unless Brady has agreed to terms, or the Bengals have agreed to take 12, 19 and 81 for 1. Then probably not.

The timing gets tricky. The only way I’d see it playing out is if Brady or another FA signs with us on FA Day One and Carr is traded same day, within 4-5 hours. I do agree we aren’t parting with Carr with Peterman as our QB1. 

3 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Ummm unless Brady has agreed to terms, or the Bengals have agreed to take 12, 19 and 81 for 1. Then probably not.

Before making that trade, Gruden and Mayock better have a plan in place to sign, trade for or draft that is an upgrade to Carr. I'm not a Carr supporter, but going into the season without an upgrade could be disastrous.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Derek Carr quote:

"I mean, there was a lot of quarterbacks at that fight," Carr said with a laugh of the Conor McGregor-Donald Cerrone bout when speaking to ESPN. "And there was a lot of football players at that fight that are free agents. And it's like, every time, with my job, it's always a story. No matter what. And knowing some people that were around, I even know what the conversation was [between Davis and Brady], and it's like, 'C'mon, man, when's it going to end?'"

Does this mean Carr heard from people that Davis/Brady were talking about Bradys future, Raiders situation, etc? “Knowing some people that were around” and “knowing what the conversation was” is VERY interesting. 

I'm guessing the opposite.  He knows they were just talking about the fight or whatever.  The media and fans immediately jump to "Brady to Vegas" because they had a convo. 

That's where we are in the world.  OMG they talked! He must be coming to Vegas! Even though it's completely absurd and straight up tampering if anything like that was discussed. Even if the Raiders and Brady wanted to pair up, it wouldn't have happened then and there.

It's the 24/7, always a camera around, clickbait, always speculating on everything, 13 year old girl society we live in.

I wish Carr didn't let it bother him so much, but he's only human. He always laughs it off though and even talked about taking the first snap and many more to come in Vegas.  You can call him thin skinned in some of his remarks, but I also see the "Alpha" confidence in some as well.

"This is my team, I'll be here a long time, I'm taking the first snap, we are on the cusp, etc."  None of what he has said in the last two years has ever lead me to believe anything other than, he knows he's the QB and unless completely blindsided, will be the QB like it or not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Carr fans, Colts offer us Pick 13 for Carr, you take it?

I’d rather keep Carr but I would make that trade for two reasons.
1)Fans booing him last game in Oakland is a lot of ground to cover to get back their cheers. Even winning any mistake made would just be their only focus. A fresh start for both fans and Carr is easier but I’m not a quitter and would rather fight after burning the ships so we win or die. Most here prefer the easy way out because in the mirror you’re not what you think you are. Name calling usually is a reflection of yourself in the ‘mirror’ 

2) Moving to Vegas... is automatically a fresh start. Gruden has 8 more years and could keep restarting the rebuild. 12/13/19 and 3 thirds is a ton of ammo. Would keep 12/13 and trade down 19 for 2021/22 ammo and 2nd rounders. Pittsburgh comes to mind. 
If Tua slips to 4th could easily trade up but teams will expect that so 3 at a premium is probably necessary. Would rather keep our picks and see who falls. I’m not touching ANY QB not named Burrow or Tua til 3rd and would move up to early 3rd for the QB. They all need too much work so let other teams reach and a 3rd round QB doesn’t lock us in come 21/22 but a 1st/2nd locks in the other teams. 
To replace Carr I watch Miami. Rosen is my target for our 4th or last 3rd if they go QB. They keep Fitzmagic and Rosen competes with a rookie. This is NOT better than keeping Carr but I am OPEN to listening to other ideas/offers. 
PS I would NOT trade all our picks for #1 Burrow still needs a team and honestly we aren’t good. Best opening season in Vegas is WITH Carr IMO. Build the team and if we have a losing season then deal with it then. KC will keep us at arms reach for a long time. Andy Was a GREAT hire for them.

PSS I think Carr is saying he knows the conversation and isn’t worried. It’s the media that’s constantly on his replacement talk. Like Farce the media talked about it for years (retirement) before Brett left GB and he kept playing because it wasn’t his plan to retire. Drafting a QB in 1st with a new coach started that rumor. If we are behind Carr then Mark, Gruden and Mayock need to extend Carr with some serious upfront money to shut the talk down. 2 years 32 all guaranteed would do that. I prefer to keep him cheap for 3 years but that commitment shuts mouths up for at least two years.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Interesting, because I was all aboard the Carr train again mid season when he was throwing down field and winning football games. Wrote several defending posts for Carr and several nice write ups. Short lived though cause he reverted right back to the most conservative QB in the league, which is the way he played for 75% of the season. 

Yes, the difference is you want to pin that all on Carr.  As if all the injuries and the rest of the team didn't struggle.  It wasn't just him succeeding early and it wasn't just him failing late.  That's the main difference between the two sides.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr is a perfect fit on the Colts. Top 3 OL, easy reads, great play calling, solid WRs, etc. He could thrive there as a Top 15 QB. I don’t think Carrs trade value is as low as people think. Colts are trying to move on from Jacoby who was absolutely miserable this year (much worse than Carr) and if they feel Carr is their guy, Pick 13 is a reasonable price. 

Doesn’t he have this in Vegas already? 😂😂😂

I would do it because if would allow the Raiders to move anywhere in the draft. But i seriously doubt that the Colts would offer that  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, true2form said:

Yes, the difference is you want to pin that all on Carr.  As if all the injuries and the rest of the team didn't struggle.  It wasn't just him succeeding early and it wasn't just him failing late.  That's the main difference between the two sides.

Not all, no. I’m not crazy. I’m picking Niners to beat Chiefs because they are the better football team, and don’t just have the best QB. Main reason though? Yes. I’d say beside the CB and LB group (post Burfict) Carr is the weak point of our football team. Main reason we lost those games with conservative play style that will not take any risks, will not throw into tight windows, and does not possess the ability to throw receivers open which elite QBs do. Look at Tua and Burrow coming out, both of those guys excel at throwing WRs open. Carr has never done that, he’s never even really tried to do it. 

I was watching this Kobe interview last night and they were talking about mamba time stuff. Kobe basically said being a mamba means having cohones. He was saying you can’t be afraid to take a shot and when teammates see you’re fearless they feed off that. taking shots that few would attempt and succeeding separates you from the average and if you want to be legendary you have to take legendary shots. Wanna be average take average shots. He was talking about never giving up, playing through injuries sacrificing it all to be great. And at the end of the day/career people still will criticize you (him being a ball hog and not a team player) which he says still hurts him to this day. But if you’re a winner nothing else matters in the end.

Seemed like everything carr isn’t. 

Kobe is the ultimate competitor 

• Like 1