New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

54 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I am told he is playing a big part in the organization in general. Which is why I am so adamant that he will have no competition this year for the starting job and he would have to BLOW it next year to even consider The Raider moving on.

My understand is he is involved with targeting FAs. He is involved in giving his opinion on WRs they might target in the draft. Being involved in the way that only FRANCHISE QB's are.

Lol

so was ab

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Could you.....Really?.... Lol. 9_9 Carr better be able to though.  You're right about that.

He forgot to mention his completion rate would be under 45% and would throw 90 interceptions.  I would have a hard time just seeing a WR across the middle with our line.  I am only 5'9".  I would be able to run for 500-700 yards and 3.5 yd/carry though.  Would probably need a couple surgeries in the off-season though.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

He forgot to mention his completion rate would be under 45% and would throw 90 interceptions.  I would have a hard time just seeing a WR across the middle with our line.  I am only 5'9".  I would be able to run for 500-700 yards and 3.5 yd/carry though.  Would probably need a couple surgeries in the off-season though.

I am 6'4".  So I'll be able to see every person I throw those 90 picks to.  lol

• Like 2

🙂
5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Tyrell Williams and other fa’s wasn’t influenced by ab?

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/antonio-brown-attracted-tyrell-williams-sign-contract-raiders

carrs not attracting anyone except te’s and rb’s who can catch

Well that's different than Carr being institutionally involved in the organization which is what I believe OG_C2X was getting at. But you knew that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

I am told he is playing a big part in the organization in general. Which is why I am so adamant that he will have no competition this year for the starting job and he would have to BLOW it next year to even consider The Raider moving on.

My understand is he is involved with targeting FAs. He is involved in giving his opinion on WRs they might target in the draft. Being involved in the way that only FRANCHISE QB's are.

Yeah right.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Yeah I'm 5"9' and 185 lbs.  I would have CTE after the first 2 snaps.  Broken hips, collarbones, all types of issues with my back.  Probably a broken neck.  I would be terrified just to hand off the ball lol.  I don't play sports very often, and I've never played at the NFL speed, my toss back to Jacobs would probably land two feet behind his feet.  J. Gruden would probably kick my teeth in after too. I would rush for a total of -42 yards.  This is why I laugh though when forum posters talk about DC being scared and spineless, it's not like getting hit by 300+ lb men that run 4.5 40s is a walk in the park.

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I don’t believe you anymore. I literally think you make up your connections and make this stuff up on the fly. Carr is on razor thin ice if he starts the 2020 season. 

18 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Yeah I'm 5"9' and 185 lbs.  I would have CTE after the first 2 snaps.  Broken hips, collarbones, all types of issues with my back.  Probably a broken neck.  I would be terrified just to hand off the ball lol.  I don't play sports very often, and I've never played at the NFL speed, my toss back to Jacobs would probably land two feet behind his feet.  J. Gruden would probably kick my teeth in after too. I would rush for a total of -42 yards.  This is why I laugh though when forum posters talk about DC being scared and spineless, it's not like getting hit by 300+ lb men that run 4.5 40s is a walk in the park.

When I speak of Carr and his nerves it is relative to other pro athletes making millions not myself.  If he was getting paid like an average person or average size he would be crazy to take those chances.  I use to work with a bunch of pacific islanders that played college ball or were still playing.  They were all front 7 or o-linemen.  We would play sometimes and being hit by a 300 lb man that is an athlete is not fun especially if they get their weight square on you.  At my age now I would definitely need some surgeries to fix my body but when I was in my 20's I could take the punishment and still work the next day.

• Like 1